39.2mpg....

After owning the Clio for 2 years now I decided it was time to start using it a little more so a when I headed to London I thought I'd see what MPG I could average.

Now on previous long motorway trips its averaged 34mpg at best but this time it hit 39.2mpg....I couldnt stop laughing! haha.

Anyone else ever had a decent mpg figure returned from their Clio trips?

Cheers Hughsie

That is good. Did a 150 mile round trip (or poss slightly more) to the FCS and back and got nearly 31 MPG. But I did race a 4.3 litre Merc 4x4 (and won :smile:) up to a naughty speed at one point, so I think it did well!

i was gettin 33.7 mpg on the way to fcs, and funny how when the wife drove the clio home the smae day she was only getting 27.4 mpg lol who drives the worse lol

Do I officially hold the title then of highest MPG ever recorded in a Clio 197? Haha!

Same Journey this weekend and after a week of running the car around the reading is showing 36.3mpg...has someone put a diesal engine in when I wasnt looking?

i get on average about 37mpg havnt been trying very hard just crusing to work in the mornings only now and again do i give it some..

I got 35mpg on The way to fcs, Manchester to rockingham and also had a play with a focus st so gave it some then.

Got about 10.6 mpg in 45 mins on track at fcs

just seen this thread, i use the car daily and average 21mpg. i have done an economy run and am getting 33 but its killing me driving so slow everywhere dunno how you can do it.

just done 400 mile round trip to norfolk with the wife driving:rofl:
and still only got 33mpg

I Wish I got that! Ours usually sits at 28.5 -29.5 and thats with the missus driving, she's not the most gentle of drivers though lol. I get around 26mpg when I drive, but thats just enjoying (not ragging) it on a weekend. I saw 13/14mpg on silverstone in the wet once :smile:

mine averages between 26-28mpg when im using it normally.
i do like to go on little blasts round the countryside in the nice weather tho, an it drops to low 20s lol

I'm averaging 34mpg at the moment. Saw 47mpg on the way back from work lol. It's literally 6 miles down hill back to my house so I can just wack it in 6th and roll.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marv Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 21
Jason Clio General Chat 22