22mpg wtf!!!!

Having just had a full service and cambelt change, I thought I might as well try some VPower too.

Now my car only really gets used for fun miles which is why on normal driving I only get 25mpg (closer to 30mpg on the motorway). I have gone through a full tank of Vpower and my computer is saying 22mpg. I thought you were supposed to get more mpg not less.

On the plus side, the kangerooing is much less than before and the car feels very lively, although I'm not sure how much of that is down to the service and how much to the fuel change.

25mpg... i only get 18.8 MPG in mine.. 26 long distance, i just blame the engine note for the extreme usage of fuel -_-

MPG is for hippies.

Set the dash to ''Average Speed'' and keep it there. Keep it above 30MPH over a full tank and you win a prize. :smiley:

Well you make me feel happier and if I cared about the mpg I wouldn't have bought the car. Just wondering if I goin back to 95ron whether the consumption will go up or down.

Will do a few more tanks of VPower first though :smile:

Weird bud I use vpower all the time I get about 38 on motor way and 29 normal driving then floor it very very lowest 18mpg...

Stick some more v-power through and you may find it gets better. But tbh, the temperature has dropped considerably over the past few days and it has an effect on mpg. You use more fuel as the car stays cooler for longer so over fuels for longer, there is more strain on the engine when the lights, heater, heated rear window and door mirrors etc. My MPS was doing 21.3 the other day and it was only after some driving of more than 20 mins for a longer distance than normal that the consumption was better.

I noticed the kangaroo'ing was less using Excellium and use that normally rather than Vpower, gives the same reduction. As for the MPG, I'd take no notice of it as it's about as accurate as Stevie Wonder was at darts.

If you don't believe me just fill up the tank, set the odometer to 0, drive for 2 gallons or whatever and look at how many miles you've done compared to what the odometer tells you, I can guarantee it'll be reading about 3-4 MPG less than you got. The reason I tried this a while ago was that it was on Top Gear and so I thought I might aswell have a go at it too. PLus for extra accruacy you might wanna disregard the fuel consumption the guages tell you and just fill it up and see how much you get to put back in for the miles you've done

Worth a go, it's fun just for the hell of it

Mine's been surprisingly economical lately since i've moved! My average atm on the trip computer says 32.5mpg over the last 600 miles, and that's mainly country roads and not worrying about putting my foot down for a bit of fun :smile:

I took it on a little eco drive the other day and got 37mpg out of it!

Having just had a full service and cambelt change, I thought I might as well try some VPower too.

Now my car only really gets used for fun miles which is why on normal driving I only get 25mpg (closer to 30mpg on the motorway). I have gone through a full tank of Vpower and my computer is saying 22mpg. I thought you were supposed to get more mpg not less.

On the plus side, the kangerooing is much less than before and the car feels very lively, although I'm not sure how much of that is down to the service and how much to the fuel change.

- Vpower. Ignore this, this is irrelevant and is just causing confusion
- Driving. I assume your driving will not have dramaticly changed between now and before the service.
- Cambelt. Id say this is your real concern.

Where did you have the service done and have they performed the cambelt change correctly with the correct tools?

Lol, mines the same mate, my wife calls me a fuel snob, she can't talk as she is the same with bog roll, it has to be quilted

Haha

I got really arsey with Gem a few months ago, she put £15 worth of regular unleaded in, I was not a happy bunny lol

- Vpower. Ignore this, this is irrelevant and is just causing confusion
- Driving. I assume your driving will not have dramaticly changed between now and before the service.
- Cambelt. Id say this is your real concern.

Where did you have the service done and have they performed the cambelt change correctly with the correct tools?

Why do you think my cambelt would be the concern?

I have an excellent mechanic who I have used for the last 10 years. He has all the correct tools and, like me, he is a perfectionist and set the timing very very carefully.

Did a run on the motorway and some pedestrian driving and I returned 25mpg. Don't ask how quickly I went!!!!!