36000 mile service

What's this paint check? Anyone care to explain?

They should check that the paint work isn't rusting from the in side out and check the condition of your underseal.
Renaults fixed servicing price of £159 is a load of tosh £230 it would have cost me for my first service, when asked why it was £159 the stupid answer of oh your car needs extra bits that aren't covered in the £159 pricing....... what is so special about a change of oil change and it's filter along with cabin/pollen filter and air filter? They and Renault are full of crap eventually came to £204 because they didn't have an air filter which she then said the car would need to come back in for as there was a shortage country wide and I wouldn't be able to get one. Went to work phoned a Renault dealer near me and then informed yes we have them £20 inc VAT how many do you want.
So as the filter only cost £20 Renault are charging £6 for approximately 30 seconds work to change the filter.
Lesson learnt, buy your own parts and get the garage to do the bare minimum i.e oil and filter change to get the stamp in the book.

What's this paint check? Anyone care to explain?

They admire how shiney it is, then immediately get someone out back to ruin it with a gritty cloth even after being told to NOT WASH THE BLOODY CAR!

My paintwork was perfect until Renault got their hands on it.

They're service is an absolute joke...

Overpriced and under expectations.

My my other half has a Cooper S and the service you receive from Mini is 10 fold better. From greeting you on arrival to when you leave, they even do a brilliant job by washing the car with care.

This is just from the garages I've used. Thankfully there are some garages out there that do a good job.

Last edited: