36000 mile service

mairtinb

Platinum Member
After getting a couple of 'different' quotes through Renault dealers "fixed price" servicing (£240 - £310) I did my research and plumbed for a local tyre/serving garage I know through work, national chain, and got my service done all rosey, he did say it would be a little more as OEM parts etc for warranty, £147 all done, very impressed and car running like a dream all over again, did ask him for new fronts pads as the brakes were a little 'spongey' I thought, as turned out he couldn't source new pads immediately but decided to check existing pads and give a good clean, my front left brakes had both pads seized inside the calliper?!?!?! WTF anybody else heard of this??? Had me a little worried, new pads on order and been told I've a good couple of months still left on existing pads, my question is do I get the new pads fitted soon or wait a month or so and see if the problem occurs again before new pads go in???
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated

Fix priced servicing is £115 interim & £155 major + any additional work.

Brakes are very common issue, you should strip and clean them yearly at the very least. Pins can be a bitch to shift and member [MENTION=2479]mrpink[/MENTION] can supply you with an updated design which is highly recommend and far easier to get out.

As for pads we have a trader on the forum the can beat any price for OEM pads and can deliver them quickly.

Personally I'd changed the pins and take the pads out and see how they look and possibly sand them down if needs be if your keeping them in.

If your unsure on how to do it there is a step by step guide in the how to section.

Next time you need a price for a service give me a shout [MENTION=2966]mairtinb[/MENTION] . I work for CH Renault in Ards (though Ards might not be handy for you.)

After getting a couple of 'different' quotes through Renault dealers "fixed price" servicing (£240 - £310) I did my research and plumbed for a local tyre/serving garage I know through work, national chain, and got my service done all rosey, he did say it would be a little more as OEM parts etc for warranty, £147 all done, very impressed and car running like a dream all over again, did ask him for new fronts pads as the brakes were a little 'spongey' I thought, as turned out he couldn't source new pads immediately but decided to check existing pads and give a good clean, my front left brakes had both pads seized inside the calliper?!?!?! WTF anybody else heard of this??? Had me a little worried, new pads on order and been told I've a good couple of months still left on existing pads, my question is do I get the new pads fitted soon or wait a month or so and see if the problem occurs again before new pads go in???
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated

seriously where have you been?

not read all the posts about brakes....

36k is plugs as well

People need to start using search button. There must be 5 dozen threads on the same thing.

What's happened with the handle?
The keyless lock button on the door handle will only work intermittently, drivers door, was into shelbourne with it about 4 months back and of course it worked fine and locked it every time when I was in, will get abuse now for not searching the forum...

The keyless lock button on the door handle will only work intermittently, drivers door, was into shelbourne with it about 4 months back and of course it worked fine and locked it every time when I was in, will get abuse now for not searching the forum...

Sod's law that! Happens all the time. Sure give us a shout if you want to get it looked at!

Don't start me on door buttons I've had over 9 visits for this and a few extra trips in to show them it not working in between!!!! I'm now recognised out with the garage by the old service manager lol Xx

Perhaps use the search function RE keyless issue and no doubt a result will tell you that more than likely you have the key near a mobile phone etc that will block the signal.

Chances are the tech doesn't therefore never has an issue [emoji6]

Theve had the issue on mine every time it's been in bar one when it was cold and raining had new aerial, wiring loom, re programmed the memory and new handles. Only drivers side didn't work I could lock from but and passenger door x

Fix priced servicing is £115 interim & £155 major + any additional work.

Really? I asked Renault last week for a service price and they said £250!!

I need to double check which service I exactly need but glad I didn't book. I believe it's every 12k or 2yrs and the car is coming up to 24k roughly, it will be 5yrs soon - whenever the plates change (sept?). I think I've got 3 stamps in the book currently too - so not 100% which service I need? Half tempted to do the big cambelt one ahead of time and slip some 402's in :wink:

Really? I asked Renault last week for a service price and they said £250!!

I need to double check which service I exactly need but glad I didn't book. I believe it's every 12k or 2yrs and the car is coming up to 24k roughly, it will be 5yrs soon - whenever the plates change (sept?). I think I've got 3 stamps in the book currently too - so not 100% which service I need? Half tempted to do the big cambelt one ahead of time and slip some 402's in :wink:

No sorry its £159 and £129 + additional work you want doing

http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/servicing-offers/

Thanks, I guess then I might need sparks on top of that, wouldn't account for +£90 though.

Cheers.

Thanks, I guess then I might need sparks on top of that, wouldn't account for +£90 though.

Cheers.

Get plugs of clio197 parts supplier and a tool from halfrauds, save your self at least half i'd have thought.

In fact why anyone get more than the interim service is mad imo. All you get is the paint check on top and i'm sure you can do that your self when you wash it.

you will need to add a cabin filter also if you want one but its a 30 second job to change!

Having just had my boot resprayed and requiring RUK to overrule the dealership, having a FRSH (with paint checks) is something I'm very glad I had otherwise RUK may not have been so helpful. - As it was RUK were very good and it was the dealership who were a PIA initially saying not an anti-corrosion issue.

So yeah I'd rather pay a bit more and have a dealership stamp. - However I might do the plugs and just tell them to knock the parts off the bill (VW used to do this for me no probs).

Look at the differences mate.

Fixed price is just oil and filter. Higher price is the same + additional checks so your plugs aren't included.

Just do them your self one at a time and it's 10-20 mins