34.8 mpg !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so after giving the car a propper clean down right from the body work to even taking the wheels off to properly clean the brembo's i decided to take the car a good spin up the north coast not realising how little i had left in my bank account, nearly ****ped myself when i finaly did. and guess when this was, right before i was going to leave on the 70 mile journey home, with only 50 miles worth of driving left in the tank i only had a £10 to my name, so i reset the trip computer after putting my last £10 in and decided to drive very economicly, building the revs up and double shifting up and down to try and save some juice even free wheeling down some of the hills lol.

was mostly moterway driving but id say about 1/3 was normal driving roads with stop and starts etc.

this is how i ended up

110 miles worth of fuel
70.6 mile trip

43 miles of petrol used
average speed 43.8
average MPG -----------------34.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chuffed to bits with this

a 70 mile trip with 40 miles worth of petrol :smiley::smiley::smiley:

this is by far the best result ive got outa the wee clio.

anyone else ever had better than this?

Driving through france in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night with less than a quarter of a tank prompted me to yield over 50mpg rolling down hills etc. That was quite scary, we didnt find a petrol station open till it was deep into the red.

42. :tongueout:

12403_1404296709010_1280143963_31180531_703771_n.jpg

Means your not driving it properly.

Jace. As said on Corsa D, there was a good reason for your 42.2mpg :smiley:

I get 34.2 on my daily commute of about 45 miles. Average speed is 60mph due to roadworks!

hmmmmmmmmmmm well i picked my wheels up from rocky about 2 weeks ago, glossop to cheltenham and with cruise control, set at 70 and in places 50 on the M6 i was getting a healthy 35.8 MPG. I did however many miles on a half tank:smiley::smiley::smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17