2012 clio 3RS RB7 #166

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by peter, Mar 20, 2016.

1. peter

peter POTM Winner - February 2017 Gold Member

b e l g i u m
    RB7 #166
    no, don't think so. these were two V6's with french number plates. had a quick look at the RSR website and i don't see any exige V6's being offered for rental.

the list of cars they do offer is mental. they have an office at spa and every time i visit the place, it's hard not to stop and have a look. sadly, rental rates are out of reach for me. :smile:

///M likes this.

2. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    nice pics mate..glad you had a good time..any more pics from your meet??

3. peter

b e l g i u m
    RB7 #166
    cheers pav. got a couple more (sadly no on track photos. really don't understand, why these organisers don't think of employing a photog. surely a goldmine.). will post later.

///M likes this.
  4. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    They definitely had some. They were one of the first using them I think. Maybe they don't offer them anymore. The livery does look like one of theirs though.

Good vid on YouTube of Ron Simons (Mr RSR) taking a V6 Exige around Spa. Looks loads of fun!

peter likes this.
  5. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    exactly..having a photographer on site would be beneficial for all participants..

peter likes this.
  6. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    Stick the cost on the entry price for everyone. Split up like that you wouldn't even notice the extra and it would be SO worth it.

No brainer.

peter likes this.
  7. peter

b e l g i u m
    RB7 #166
    nothing much happening with the clio at the moment. got a cambelt change coming up. an oil change (engine and gearbox) as well. not sure if i'll put some new brake fluid in.

since the cambelt has to be changed, i'm contemplating getting raptor's lightweight crank pulley. not sure how many of you are running it. any feedback would be appreciated.

the big news however, is that after 18 months, michelin belgium have decided to sent me four new cup 2's free of charge! (the story on those michelins starts on page 3, post #52 of this thread). so, after telling a few people not to get the cup 2 and get the yoko AD08R instead, soon i'll be having four michelins sitting pretty in the living room. :blush:

still undecided if i'm going to use them or maybe swap them for a set of AD08R's. trouble will be finding someone who's looking for a set of cup 2's in size 215/45 17. wouldn't be a problem in the UK, quite different over here (much smaller market).

papa and Big Ben like this.
  8. peter

b e l g i u m
    RB7 #166
    forgot to tell ... michelin thinks the damage to the tyre could have been caused by running too low on pressures or by running under too heavy load (possibly driving over curbs too hard). now, i'm not a 'curb hopper' but i have run them at slightly lower pressures then what they are advising in a recent disclaimer (fronts 32 psi instead of 33/36 psi and backs 31 psi instead of 33/36 psi).

even so, michelin then say the damage to the tyres shouldn't have happened anyway (a bit contradictory?) and the tyres will be compensated.

9. nutnutwelshman

nutnutwelshman Spa-tacus Area Rep

Heathrow
    220T TROPHY
    If you get the cups in 205/40/18 I'll have them off you Peter

10. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    haha..i remember when this dispute started..that is a long time ago...:excited:
    glad they admitted their fault...as far as i remember this lightweight pulley is a decent upgrade..people who had it fitted were really happy with its impact on a drive ability of their clio..

11. peter

b e l g i u m
    RB7 #166
    they'll likely send me some 215/45 17's, kev. thanks anyway.

never thought they'd get back to me, tbh. was a very pleasant surprise. best friday evening in a long time. :smile:

on the pulley, just wondering if there isn't any disadvantage (in the long-term) to it.

nutnutwelshman likes this.
  12. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    that im afraid i wouldnt be able to tell you..quite a few had it fitted from here..maybe start a thread about it..

peter likes this.