200 tweeters

I just managed to get the tweeter covers off and found no wiring for the tweeter at all.

Renault have done a weird job of weight saving with no wiring but they put a tweeter casing in there. lol

I guess I have a new job on my list.

In the dash, yes.

I'm going to try look again but my fingers can't go much further. lol Has anyone tried to install tweeters in the 200?

Money saving more likely on renaults part lol same as the grey centre caps with black speedlines rubbish.

Maybe you will be able to see wiring on the passenger side if you take the glovebox out? Theres a good guide in this forum for that

I'll have to try that during the week. I have tried fitting the tweeters on the cover and trying to fit them in the dash but they won't go. The pioneers are deeper then the fake tweeter casing and seem to hit the plastic where it should be.

Tweeter casing
photo.jpg

Pioneer vs casing
photo-1.jpg

There should have been wires plugged into the fake tweeters, also with the pioneers they are very stiff to get in.

The tweeters actually clip into the hole and that's where it gets stuck rather than them being too deep.

Try slotting them in and out without the grills a few times just to loosen it up then try it with the grill, it still requires some pressure and I can't say I'm 100% confident mine are in fully either still.

No wire plugged in to the fake tweeters.

Are all 200's fitted with rear speakers as mine is?

Yeah I found that today; The rear speakers are there and plugged in but are not working/connected at the head unit side.

And I can confirm that the wiring was plugged into the fake tweeters on mine so I'm not sure what's happen with your car?

I have to say the overall design of the tweeter cups is rubbish as they can break very easily and the grill is very loose without modification. I was thinking of creating my own grills at some point that can just push fit over the already fitted tweeters rather than having to mess with trying the get the grill and cup pushed in at the same time.