200 system opinions

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have had my 200 now for nearly 3 months and love it! I would like to have just a bit more oomph in the exhaust with a few crackles and pops on the over runs but am unsure what to do/go for if any? The Akraprovic is perfect apart from the price. The Supersprint is also too expensive and quite Loud so I have been told. This leaves me with as far as I know with the Milltek, KTR system or having the centre silencer removed?

The car is used everyday so I don't want something thats too loud and not track Legal. I have been told the Milltek is slightly the quieter of the 2 systems but have not heard great reports of it on 197's? I have always liked the KTR system but not sure in real life (not youtube) how loud it is day to day. The other option is having the centre silencer removed but again unsure if this causes problems and how loud this really is? anyone with any knowledge of these systems feel free too let me know your opinions!

Cheers in advanced!

miltek is quieter but drones on motorway. Ktrs is slightly louder but doesnt increase that bad with the revs, is more a raspy sound. Pops and gargles when shiftin. Love mine.

I had my centre silencer removed a couple of weeks back and that's not much louder than normal on motorways when cruising but sounds raspy and pops all the time when your doing some spirited driving but especially when it's cold!

I havent had any problems with it and I wouldn't say the flat spot is any worse than when it's completely standard... Plus it also only costs £40 to get done! Even if you don't get on with it you can still get the ktec system as this is from the cat back anyway. Best £40 I've ever spent!!

I had my centre silencer removed a couple of weeks back and that's not much louder than normal on motorways when cruising but sounds raspy and pops all the time when your doing some spirited driving but especially when it's cold!

I havent had any problems with it and I wouldn't say the flat spot is any worse than when it's completely standard... Plus it also only costs £40 to get done! Even if you don't get on with it you can still get the ktec system as this is from the cat back anyway. Best £40 I've ever spent!!

Would a Renault garage do this?
Too loud for track?
Warranty?
Never heard of this idea before, and have always wanted my 200 to be a bit more 'charismatic' sounding and also pop on the over run as i'm a big kid :wiz:

I doubt a Renault dealer would do this, they probably don't have the fabricated parts to replace the silencer. I would also assume your warranty for the exhuast would be void.

Cheers deako I have seen your vids, was hoping for a few more ;-)

Its you I spoke to on RS forum I think. I'd go for the removing centre silencer and see how you like that, after all its only 40 bucks. Then if still wanting more growl go for the the ktr as thier centre section is sillenced so it wont add unwanted noise.

edit; or the milltek of course but dont think that would add anymore than the unsilenced centre pipe.
What about the yozza exhaust, think its inbetween the ktr and milly in terms of sound.
Decisions decisions lol

Last edited: