200 Street / mountain build..

So i had a free ramp in the workshop today so set about fitting my B14 Billys. Its been a long time since i hit the spanners so probably took me much longer than it should have and i am pretty sure i over complicated it too but that front control arm pivot thing was new to me.

Anyway forgive the lighting as its under spot lights so the shadows don't really do the drop justice.

Before

IMG_20170321_101513.jpg

After 30MM drop all round from cup kit

IMG_20170321_175135.jpg

Making a big mess much to the amusement of my mechanics.

IMG_20170321_130120.jpg

Rears on

IMG_20170321_162931.jpg

I went with 30mm drop all round as i didn't want to upset the turn in too much by dumping the rear. Still needs an alignment but ill do that at the end of the week.

At low / city speeds its a tiny bit harsher i would say a few more vibrations make it into the cabin. As you get hustling on the difference begins to grow at higher speeds it glides over bumps that used to buck the car before, dive under breaking has improved also and turn in is just as pointy as it was. Initially Feels less rolly polly on the bends but i still need to get the alignment checked so i was nott at full tilt so i wont judge that just yet.

Big day tomorrow i have to do;
1.Cam belt + Aux belt (which feels ridiculous on a car with only 10k on the clock)
2. Poly bush all engine and gearbox mounts, no *@#$ing tonight need all my wrist power for tomorrow!

Last edited:
Nice upgrade mate! Billy's going on ours at the end of the month. Can't wait.

Hope you happy with them too.

Is that last pic of the rear springs with the car on the ground?

Mine on the ground (looks similar enough on the adjuster) has the top springs coil bound :Z Can't be right, but can't possible see how you can install the springs wrong either?!

No its still off the ground when i took it lol you can see the front left wheel is a good foot of the floor.

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure! If you get chance could you snap a picture of the springs with it on the ground? (I worry too much! lol)

cheers

Really like those b14s, mind me asking where's the best place to get them, Ie cheapest, for a r27?

Ps are they any different for the cup and non cup 197?

Thanks for the comments guys between this and my lp570 i now have 2 hard riding cars mrs wont be happy but what she doesn't pay for she can move out the way for.

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure! If you get chance could you snap a picture of the springs with it on the ground? (I worry too much! lol)

cheers

Sure bro ill message it to you tomorrow. have you driven on them yet? the increase in rear stiffness is definitely greater at the rear over stock

Thanks that would be great.

No not properly yet, still much left to do on the car before I can drive it really. Hopefully get a chance this weekend if it's dry as the bumper and arch liners won't be on until I can finish the inlet mods. But hoping to get the suspension/ride heights all finished so quick blast I'm sure will be on the cards!!

Reactions: R32pete