200 Street / mountain build..

Hi Guys

Before i start i want to say a huge thank you to Yiannis and his help during my shopping spree a true gentleman and gives only advice from his experience. He put up with 3 pages worth of PM's of my jabbering. I know this forum has many other members like him so you should all be proud of yourselves.

This is my second 200, I had one back in 2010 hence my old account..kept it for all of 5 minutes as i was in that young phase where life is all about BHP. Now im older and much wiser i want to build a fun car for the mountains and improve my ability as a driver.

My 2011 Red 200 with cup kit, 8700 miles. Luckily the car came with K-tec induction kit, AD08R, RS gear knob. Its not that i had a choice as its the only one for sale in Hong Kong lol.

Parts ordered.
Quaife - Big thanks to Yiannis.
Bilstein B14.
Akraprovic Evo.
RST Remap - Paul is flying over to do this on the rollers for me in April.
Powerflex mounts.
Steering wheel insert. - Because torque gainz!
Full service and Belt change kits.
Pioneer 8950 BT

Whilst im waiting for my parts to arrive all ive done is remove the rear bench and isofix, Removed the Renault sport side skirts.

Im still deliberating Cams but from what ive been told they just are not worth it unless someone can convince me otherwise lol

I also have a roll of satin laminated shadow chrome wrap in my office to go on later this month as i like the red but its not really me.

Got it Into my workshop
IMG_20170310_140421.jpg

Side Skirts off
IMG_20170310_171419.jpg

Rear bench and isofix out I will get my trimmer to fab me a carpet with some sound proofing on the bottom i think.
IMG_20170310_160530.jpg

Since the car is so low mileage for its age im kind of expecting everything to start breaking as it must have been sitting somewhere for ages, Hopefully my parts wont take too long to arrive.

Great looking car and great sounding spec already.

You've certainly got a fab workshop to do it all in too !

"Welcome back" :smile:

Lovely write up and lovely car! The sideskirts look great on a red 200, I would have kept them :tongueout:

Welcome back :french:

EDIT: I thought that was a typo at first, 8700 miles on the clock!

welcome back..and thanks for your kind word about Yiannis and the forum..hope you enjoy your new car..

not sure whether to believe you but is Paul flying to Hong kong to remap your car?? :openmouth:

Last edited:
Lovely looking car. Welcome to the forum.

PM me if you want to sell the side skirts:grinning:

Welcome (back) to the forum! Great mods and nice plans already! Yiannis is a top bloke and certainly knows his stuff!

welcome back..and thanks for your kind word about Yiannis and the forum..hope you enjoy your new car..

not whether to believe you but is Paul flying to Hong kong to remap your car?? :openmouth:

He was booking flights to Australia to map some cars when I was there 2 weeks ago, £1000 for 3 nights I think it was!

Reactions: R32pete

not whether to believe you but is Paul flying to Hong kong to remap your car?? :openmouth:

Yea not just me though, I think about 8 other meganes too. So we book the dyno for 3 days and get anyone that wants a map booked in. It isn't cheap but well worth it.

Thanks for the warm welcome. :grinning:

Reactions: Pav and Jimmy
does he cover this himself??never knew he did this..such a great commitment!!!

lol im pretty sure he does well out of it, even at 8 cars hes making 2400 in about 2 days. I could be mistaken but i beleive the dyno operator will be paying for part of it too as the fee for the dyno is session is alot also 150. say a flight is 800 then the dyno guy will still be making 400 for a couple of days too which isnt bad given that most dynos here sit unused most of the week.

Great stuff Pete and thanks everyone for their kind words. This is what this forum is all about:smile: What a result with Paul (I'll be seeing him on Wednesday so I'll def have a chat about his "mapping" trip) and what a great find of car. 8k miles lol the engine has barely run in!

What we now need is a footage of those splendid passes and some pis of the Superleggera!

Ill try and get some also of the amazing japanese cars that are up there only problem is its highly illegal and im not really in with the clubs up there since its very trust related and im a whitey lol

I though the map would fix the throttle response? or is a sprint booster mandatory fitment now?

Yea have a chat with paul would love to know how he makes these map trips work.

The last time i saw the lambo it looked like this, some idiot crashed it into a pole (not me) luckily damage was light but its all built up now just in the line at my body shop. Ill get some more once its out.IMG_20170109_170710.jpg IMG_20170109_170657.jpg

Pete

Last edited:
Shame to hear about the Gallardo mate, this is not what you want for sure..what a car though!

Throttle response does not improve with mapping at all I'm afraid, it's one of those things. I've read somewhere that it was designed this way in an effort to keep the emissions low, don't quote me on this though.

SB massively helps yes, I always keep it on when on track but never on the road as it messes up the linearity of the throttle input, not great when plodding along in the city. When you are on it though it doesn't matter at all:smile:

Ill try and get some also of the amazing japanese cars that are up there only problem is its highly illegal and im not really in with the clubs up there since its very trust related and im a whitey lol

Pete

Sorry Pete - whats 'highly illegal' ?

Reactions: R32pete
Sorry Pete - whats 'highly illegal' ?

Oh sorry i meant the driving up the mountain passes most of the cars are not road legal and purpose built. More obviously its still the public highway.

I was totally shocked that people drive this way on the street here, sure ive been all over europe hooning about but never like this those guys are on it. but its the same all over asia since theres not as many race tracks etc and the kids grow up with it.

Oh sorry i meant the driving up the mountain passes most of the cars are not road legal and purpose built. More obviously its still the public highway.

I was totally shocked that people drive this way on the street here, sure ive been all over europe hooning about but never like this those guys are on it. but its the same all over asia since theres not as many race tracks etc and the kids grow up with it.

Sounds like the Oklahoma Street outlaws on the TV.......But Hong Kong Style !