200 or 197

I had a 200 Cup but thanks to outside influences :@ im now left with a Fiesta ST150 :lol:

But I WILL get another clio.

It must be a CUP not a FF or FF + CUP

BUT

197 CUP or 200 CUP

Money plays a factor here due to the c**t driving off and having to use my own insurance so losing NCB. back to Zero.

Whats better (under circumstances) ????

I think you need to make this choice, the 200 is obviously a bit better but you pay more for it. How much money do you have?

I would guess insurance is also slightly higher on the 200 due to it being newer

LOL @ ST

My best mate has a Fiesta ST and I love it.

Get a 200 though - just think how many ST's you see on the road, compare that to the number of clio's!

Well i have £6500 on the ST, £1300 saved away plus whatever i can save in the mean time. However the insurance is £3000 so need the money for that.

I know the 200 is better and is what i want but will have to see how it goes

£3k insurance:zomg:

I'd be tempted, unfortunately, to run something cheaper and build the ncb back up whilst saving money. Then you'll have more £££'s and more ncb to get whatever you want.

Still gutted for you btw

i agree with roy. i know it takes the pee but its sensible. there is no way i would pay £3k for insurance. I meen u know the problems im having but mine will be charged n costing that much. just no way mate. not worth the cash

Well the ST aint much better looking at £2800 for the ST and £3100 for the clio

I was thinking buy an old RS like a 182 and use the money to put towards the insurance but do i pay £3k for insurance is just something i dont wanna do, not to them con-artists.

i know mate they pretend they will pay out till it comes to the crunch

How old are you Lloydy, just out of interest? When I was 21-24, I ran a C2 vts, which was great on insurance and still pretty quick. Plus you could strip it out, fit better suspension etc and can be had for about £4k

I would be going for one of the cheapest 197's you can find help saves some costs that way and also means you can value it at less when getting the insurance which should help the pennies.

In all honesty I think, like Danny says, you are going to best off with a lower group car ATM. My personal preference would be a Suzuki Swift Sport in general it is pretty cheap to buy, insure and run, also a lot cheaper than a 197/200.