200 MultiFunction Display

Guys,
Just picked up my new 200 this morning, and have a quick technical question for the techies amongst us. Within the thin additional RenaultSport Clio drivers handbook section it mentions switching over to a multifunction display (page 6), or what you could call an engine management monitoring system. If you press buttons 2 and 3 it should switch into this mode. I cant seem to get mine to switch. Am i missing a trick? Would be fantastic if this was on the car, didnt realise it may be, and could prove really useful/fun! Talks about timing 0-60's and best lap etc.......If anyone knows more would be greatful to know,
Rich

could it be that its an option but the manual is just standard one which is issued in every 200 even if you have this function or not, so even though the manual tells you how to operate it doesnt mean the car has it.

Isnt it the renaultsport monitoring system??

Just had a look at the spec for the 200 and all its mentions in there is a mutlifunctional digital display, as to how it operates try holding the buttons in for a few seconds and see what happens then if still no luck try renaultsport site they should be able to help there.

Last edited:
could it be that its an option but the manual is just standard one which is issued in every 200 even if you have this function or not, so even though the manual tells you how to operate it doesnt mean the car has it.

Isnt it the renaultsport monitoring system??

Just had a look at the spec for the 200 and all its mentions in there is a mutlifunctional digital display, as to how it operates try holding the buttons in for a few seconds and see what happens then if still no luck try renaultsport site they should be able to help there.

Well thats what I was thinking, but its not an option, or mentioned as standard, and it is not just a line in the manual as the topic is covered on at least 3 pages. Press this button etc.....

Its the small thin Clio Sport Drivers Handbook. Pages 6 through to 10 are all about the multi function display (nothing about clock, time, temp etc) but the engine monitor system available on the megane. The booklet is dated 10/2009 on back cover.

No one on Renaultsport.co.uk can answer question either, but its definetely in the manual. Maybe it will be introduced on Clios shortly.

Possibly in an ECU update. If they're doing it on the 250's there's no reason why it won't happen on the 200's.

ive just been atempting to do this and still no luck on a 60 plate car has anyone got this working since the guy first posted as id love to have this working in my car

It's the RenaultSport Monitor £400 option you are on about, not standard kit.

If it's fitted, you'll see the RenaultSport logo on the MFD when you switch on the ignition and the buttons will carry out the functions in the manual.

This is an option and does not come as standard.

From the Renaultsport Clio options page (http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clio200/specification/options/Default.aspx)

Renaultsport Monitor Pack**** - Renaultsport monitor, 4 x 20W RDS radio CD MP3 reader and Bluetooth hands free system with fingertip remote controls, 4 speakers and multi-functional TunePoint

Its £400.

So if you didn't specify it you won't have it I'm afraid :worried:

If you have an iphone, you can download a free renault sport monitor app that does pretty much the same stuff and its free :smile:

isnt this the renaultsport monitor?

your car wont have it if you havent opted for it. I am correct in saying this was an option on the new clio as well as the megane??

***edit.... seems people have beat me to it and explained it much better than me lol :wink: