200 Insurance Problems

Since the recatagorization of insurance groups in early 2010 who has had their insurance renewal? Has anyone found when calling round for insurance quotes a lot of insurance companies are requesting owners of 200's be over 30 years of age? I got five minutes into phone calls with a few places which told me unfortunatley they couldn't offer me insurance until I turned 30?! Anyone else found this recently? I insured it in the end with Churchill but this was after 2 weeks of hunting and getting received because of my age and receiving quotes of 1500-2500 finally got 800 with churchill.

5 Years Protected No Claims
Clio 200 (Cup Chasis Declared as Option)
IT Engineer
Class 1 Business use
Live in a medium risk area but car is garaged

I went with Churchill again this year, they were the cheapest and I'm 22 with 5 years ncb, no points and medium to low postcode. But they have compulsary excesses for being under 25 and on the car. Never been told over 30, but had a few saying over 25. Mine is a 197, but I would have thought they would be the same?

Cheers curley will keep that in mind next renewal if I have any problems, yeah 25 would make sense to me too...but definately told me 30 and it was a fair few companies. (Including Christ Knott) That's the one I can remember definately told me over 30. I have no points either but believe it or not a few insurance companies won't insure me because even though my car is garaged it's away from my home postcode!!! Rediculous I know.

Same here, mine is cheaper outside than it is in the garage!

I haven't had any specific 200 problems, but I struggled to get competitive quotes after the recategorisation. I paid £500~ last year although the 200 was only on that policy for around 6 months. This year I'm paying £600~, my postcode isn't the greatest unfortunately :worried:

My previous insurer wouldn't renew as their underwriters removed the BB postcode from their schemes! :eek:

That's mad!

Im 21
5 years NCB
1 Claim to my name (minor crash @ a claim of 2.5k)
Registered keeper
Policy Keeper
Garaged/Drive way
Safest postcode in the town
57 plate R27

With Admiral im £500 with a £250 excess.

That's mad!

Im 21
5 years NCB
1 Claim to my name (minor crash @ a claim of 2.5k)
Registered keeper
Policy Keeper
Garaged/Drive way
Safest postcode in the town
57 plate R27

With Admiral im £500 with a £250 excess.

If I get a quote on a 197 it drops massively and I am given many more quotes :/ strange there isnt that much power difference

Quite weird, as quotes for me on my 200 were around the £900 mark on a single car policy when I was doing quotes last month. Im on multi-car atm, which will make it cheaper (last year on my 172, it dropped the premium by £400 by just having multi-car).

Im 21.
1 years no claim (will be 2 end of March/beginning of April)
0 claims/convictions etc
Car kept on driveway
Think my postcode is class C, but it is a safe area.

it isn't 'strange' how insurance works, it's a ****ing rob, and a complete guess. to be 30 to drive a not overly quick, theif appealing car is a joke.

He could have generated a year on a moped..

And they do bonus accelerators.

I lost a year because i couldnt wait for the policy to run out on the gti before i ordered the 200....i needed it now! :smile:

I have found some differences TBH. I first insured the r27 with Direct Line for 1300. They then hiked the renewal by 400, I found it for nearly half the renewal through Admiral, which brought it down to 828. Renewal this Jan I tried going back to Direct Line who flat refused to insure even though I had another 2yrs NCB. I really dont understand how they pluck quotes out of thin air!

Ended up payin 650 with parking on the driveway opposed to the garage like Phil suggested.

I got insured no bother. It cost me an admin fee to change the insurance. In total its under a grand iirc. 20, 1 year ncb. 1 fault/2 non fault accidents. Thats with admiral.

I expected this to be about companies not recognising it. First off they told me a 200 didn't exist and its a 197. Naw. Then my documents turned up and apparently they now do 5 door 200's. Fail.

Also stating I park on the road outside my house was cheaper than parking on the drive which in turn was cheaper than parking in the garage!

Multicar policy with Admiral

200cup and 207 1.4
3 Yr NCB
Both cars on Drive way
207 for Daily use and 200 just for social

£1500

Which was half of what I paid just for the 200 last year so I was over the moon! :thumbup:

It varies so much!
I was 21 when I took out the insurance,
3 points,
no NCB,
parked in garage (actually is),
medium risk postcode,

mine was £1100 with Admiral, was chuffed!
It seems that Admiral are pretty good for young drivers :smile:

Yeah, nothing ever makes sense when it comes to insurance. Out of interest has anyone with a 197 had a quote on a 200 and how much different was it?