197/200 Affects on insurance premiums

Well my dream of owning a 197 or 200 may just have been shattered...:'(

I wrote my car off in January - Slid on ice going down hill and hit somones lovely Range Rover which my little fiesta was no match for...

Checked insurance costs etc after this and decided I would save till October this year once I'm 21 and had been driving 3 years the insurance was down to around 1300 which I am prepared to pay. Let the saving commence!!!:clap:

I was then insured on my mothers car as the policy holder along with my newly passed little sister.

She passed on May 5th and crashed on May 18th... My Dad is a cop and attended the accident and found she had been speeding. Insurance claim made and car repaired etc.

now for the best part... SHE CRASHED AGAIN LAST NIGHT

"insert mass rage and abuse of profanity filter"

A taxi hit her on a round about and he is taking full liability of the accident.

However what I am worried about is although I was not driving the car or anywhere near it, I am the policy holder and I had to call to register the claims... Will the insurance companies now shaft me and put me as high risk although she would not be insured on the 197/200?

Sorry for the long story any reply would be awesome as I feel like punching my monitor.

Cheers

So.. you took out the insurance on your Mums car and added your Sister as a names driver? I'm assuming your Mum didn't have any insurance on it then?

The insurance company will shaft you no doubt. They'll find a reason, even if you were out of the Country. My mate had 3 non-fault accidents in 4 years and his insurance went up each year.

My advice.. wait until this last claim is dealt with and ring around - don't bother with the 'claim still pending' as they'll think of a number a double it until resolved.

Rich

No no my mother still had insurance on the car it was up for renewal, and they decided they would pay for my sister and I to join.

She still owned the car and was a named driver along with my sister although I was policy holder and main driver as she has use of another car.

Still waiting till im 21 to get a Clio but I dunno if i'll be able to insure myself on it after these claims.....

Cheers for the reply

mate you will pay a fortune for insurance on a 197 now
im 48 and the price is going up and up.a lot of companys wont even touch you unless your 30.good luck

Man..... im gutted just now... I know my parents were trying to help by insuring me on the car but its actually ****ed me over......

Cheers

err no, your Sister f&*ked you over by driving like idiot.

Rich

Aye thats what I mean.... she has serious whiplash from the crash last night... and will more than likely get some compensation so I may "acquire" some of it still I just want to go die quietly in a corner ......

If it's any help dude, I'm 22, have 2 claims at fault and 1 years NCB and insurance on my R27 is £1100 fully comp, with Admiral. So not all hope is lost!

Aye thats what I mean.... she has serious whiplash from the crash last night... and will more than likely get some compensation so I may "acquire" some of it still I just want to go die quietly in a corner ......

thats the reason insurance is going up. Whiplash, ha! Have you lost a limb, bleeding from anywhere or broken any bones? No, ok then your fine. No need to claim for injury.

Next thing people will be claiming for whiplash just for turning round quickly to look at the crash.

don't fret, im sure you'll be able to pickup insurance for £1300 mate, your postcodes crime rate seems to matter more than your driving history nowadays, central scotland tbh doesn't sound that good, maybe you should go stay with some family that lives in a rural area & insure the car from your new address :wink:

Next thing people will be claiming for whiplash just for turning round quickly to look at the crash.

LOL!