200 failed the MOT :(

So stuck the car in for its first MOT today.

Failed on two places

Failed emissions - centre silencer seems to have been removed, causing excess gas to be lost, and therefore triggering the lambada sensor

n/s Track rod end - Excessive play and needs to be replaced :worried:

So

The exhaust just needs tightening or some webbing or something, but the track rod end?

Help please, who do i talk to get a replacement one? and fastish,

Car has only done 23K :worried:

I am thinking that, just about to ring RUK now and see what they say.
But chances are they will sat it is a wear and tear part thought :worried:

Just finished with someone at RUK, they are off to investigate, bitched again about the heater whine noise thing again as another warranty issue.

See where it goes. Can only push so far.

Mine failed its first on emissions, but funnily enough, when I took it to a Renault dealer, it passed lol

It must be 3 years old, wouldn't be having an MOT otherwise

Amazingly some people take their car for an MOT just before the warranty runs out for this reason, therefore it not being 3 years old.

:blink:

So an update on this:

RUK called the local dealership to try and answer my question - Would the TRE be covered under warranty?

Got a call at 9:30 thursday to say that the dealership would need to take a look at it to assess which part was the issue. Got the name of the person they had spoken to, 'Mike'.

I then called the local dealer about an hour later asking to speak to this 'Mike' guy. He was busy so left my details, for him to call me back. And I'm still waiting for that call!
Being slightly annoyed, thursday afternoon I went across to them and asked my this guy had not called me back, and I wanted to speak to him. I was then directed to someone else, who put me in some form of 'queue', and then ended up with someone else again, and had to do what I was trying to avoid doing, which is repeating myself 3 times! By this point I was abit annoyed, being moved around 3 different people having to repeat and explain myself over and over again.

So eventually I got the car booked in for an assessment this morning, and got it back this afternoon. As suspected, they will not cover it under the warranty. Spoke to Karl (legend) and have ordered up a new TRE, rather than having the dealer do it in about 2 weeks at ridiculous prices.

I would be interested to see if anyone else has this issue, I know the roads around me aren't the best, but I am surprised.

Booked it in to be done next week. Hopefully this time it will pass!

Ranger I'd be phoning Renault UK back to complain about the service you received. Might light a fire under the dealer to get their finger out as it sounds like they're just trying to fob you off.

I will be!
I have also just learnt that other renault dealers will sort this under warranty. That's pissed me off even more! So will be complaining about the service and inconsistency from renault dealers in diagnosing problems! Gonna argue to get some money as well from having to ring a premium rate phone line as well!

I will be!
I have also just learnt that other renault dealers will sort this under warranty. That's pissed me off even more! So will be complaining about the service and inconsistency from renault dealers in diagnosing problems! Gonna argue to get some money as well from having to ring a premium rate phone line as well!

Post a thread on the Offical RS forum. That normally spurs them on to take some action

So a final update, hopefully.
Got a call this afternoon from RUK, explaining when the dealer checked the car it would have counted as being out of warranty, it expired on the 7/03 at midnight. So when it went in morning of the 8th it was technically out of warranty, thus the reason they say I would have to pay the full cost.
I did explain again that this could have been avoided if the dealer ever gave that call back, which they still haven't.
Anyway, RUK have offered to pay for the cost of the parts as it was only 1 day out of the warranty period and are contributing to the cost of repair, as I had the work carried out at a non Renault garage, they would not pay for labour.
Cant say thats not fair of them, had it all fixed today and have the car back on the road again now :smile: happy me:thumbup:
Thanks for the help and advice guys, makes it worthwhile being here, worth every penny :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Ah excellent, great work again by RUK. It's a shame some of the dealers let the side down.