197cup 28.08.10

Hi Mark, cars looking amazing mate

whens the next time your up knockhill and i'll head up with you

her's my no as im rarely on here these days

Darren

I'll head up with yous also.

I'll give you a shout then, should be fun.

Ohhh if only I lived in the land of the brave .

Mark r u doing the oulton park rs day ?

Nah mate I done it last year, I enjoyed it but it's practically a holiday for us with all the trackdays being down south so we're going to try and make the Silverstone one in August.

Mark you will like craig's inlets theyare something else m8

rich

Good stuff !

I take it you have them Rich, what did you notice most ?

Yes i do m8 craig's work is second to none, i noticed there is a smoother throttle responce, and mid range torque much improved, at the same time i fitted my silcone hose kit and carried out foxspeed mod in the front panel where i removed the intake blanking plate

rich

Yes i do m8 craig's work is second to none, i noticed there is a smoother throttle responce, and mid range torque much improved, at the same time i fitted my silcone hose kit and carried out foxspeed mod in the front panel where i removed the intake blanking plate

rich

Brilliant that just what I'm after. They arrived today.

I'll post some pics later and the battery is being moved tomorrow along with the inlets, V6 airbox being fitted and an oil change, I can't wait :biggrin:

Every things fitted now.

V6 airbox
APD Matched inlets
Battery

It sounds amazing especially from 4-5k. I've not driven it much since it's been though.

I'll put some pics up of it tomorrow and try and get a video.

Thought Id best write a little review seeing as I've had the new inlets and airbox fitted.

• Inlets: I wish I had taken more than two pics of these before they were put on the car. They are a work of art The standard inlets are shockingly bad. Don't believe the story's that it's only a 1*2 problem and RenaultSport fixed the poor casting for the 197/200, they haven't. You'll see what I mean when I post the pictures tomorrow.

• Airbox The noise is mental. It's the standard car amplified. Don't get me wrong it's quite whilst doing normal driving around town or on the motorway. It's got a great growl when you tickle the throttle.

• Combined: For me theres more torque low down from ~ 1.5k - 3.5k and on the motorway at 60 in 6th theres no longer the feeling that you have to change down a gear to get going at any kind of pace. The cars also a lot smoother to drive.

If your thinking of the Inlets, get them. You'll see why when I put the pictures of my standard ones up.

If your thinking of the airbox, it's not the hassle I though it would be. Moving the battery is simple enough and it fits under the Recaro with no problems. imo its worth the money considering the cost of some enclosed induction kits out there.

Time will tell if I'm talking rubbish as I booking it in for a comparison owe run in the next couple of weeks.

definately let me know how this goes, sounds wicked, how long did it take you to do the work or did you get some1 do it for you?

Pictures of the Engine bay and one of the manifold for the other pics of the manifold check out the engine forum :wink:

aacf13dc.jpg
fe39406e.jpg
477f7c00.jpg
b840a3f1.jpg
a343626d.jpg

All the old stuff
10383d1e.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
knuckles Spotted 1
evilerik Clio General Chat 1
D Spotted 1