197 Steering Wheel Melt

Any one on here seen any melting on the 197 steering wheel?

Its starting to appear on mine on the right hand side half way down.

Looks all smudged now.

I can put a pic up later on if anyone's interested.

Think Jase had his replaced under warranty due to this. Mine isnt that bad but it looks like some of the little holes are fusing together

Yep, had one replaced but it's going again :worried:
feels worse than it looks.
All go in the same place... Just on the outer edge of the wheel near the righthand thumb grip.
The holes start to misshape, then the leather starts to pucker up into a little ruff patch.
Not sure what will happen next :worried:
maybe the leather top layer will start to peel.?

mine's just started i think the leather is crinkly on the right hand side not smooth to touch is this what you mean

mine's just started i think the leather is crinkly on the right hand side not smooth to touch is this what you mean

thats it max.
unfortunately it gradually gets worse.

i keep a small black hand towel in the car to put over the steering wheel when the car is parked and i know the sun is going to be out.

thats it max.
unfortunately it gradually gets worse.

i keep a small black hand towel in the car to put over the steering wheel when the car is parked and i know the sun is going to be out.

mmm think i will try a factor 16 sun cream on mine :thumbup1:

Sorry for the delay.

I posted this and then forgot about it so apologies.

My car has only covered just under 22k and its an early 07 plate.

Looks like another trip to the garage.

Is there a fault code for this or something along them lines cos no doubt there going to try tell me to stuff it when i tell em my steering wheel is melting.

It is in the exact same place that everyone has commented on.

like i said i will try and get a picture up for you all as im spending a bit of time on the car tonight

Mine has done this. It blisters, then starts to peel, it ends up looking like someone has bodged a repair on the steering wheel, I ended up with a patch the size of my hand on the right hand side all peeling away.

If it is under warranty still, take it back to Renault, they covered mine without any questions, suggests it is a very common fault! (since when do dealers ever do ANYTHING without fighting???)

mine has just been in for this problem.waiting for renault to ok a new wheel
mine is on a 07 plate