197 faster than a 350Z???

350Z doesn't have the engine from Renault! It's a genuine Nissan engine which was developed in the early 90's. The engine was a V6 ranging from 2L to 4L (20,30,35,40,....) with the name VQ. The engine in the 350Z was VQ35DE - VQ is the "family" name of the engine, 35 means 3.5L, D stands for double overhead cam and E stands for electronic injection. The facelifted 350Z has the VQ35HR engine - HR standing for "high revolution".

The Clio V6 has the same engine as the Safrane V6 (one Citroen and many Peugeots iirc).

Found this btw

...However, Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear had mostly negative things to say about the car, giving it a C- or three points out of ten and referring to it as that Datsun with a Renault engine, despite the engine being a Nissan design begun in the early 1990s. Despite Clarkson's harsh criticism, Top Gear magazine later awarded the Nissan Designers with 2004 Top Gear Magazine Car of the year award...

Good work richandgem!!

That is seriously one of my BIGGEST pet hates, people sitting on the back of my bumper (normally BMW's or BIG fast Jeeps I tend to find) whilst on the motorway etc.

While the Clio 197 is not the fastest car on the road by a long chalk, the higher revving engine of the Clio has taken many a 'flash harry' BMW/Mercedes driver by surprise.. :huh:

And when it comes down to the 'twisties' I cant help to laugh as the BIGGER faster saloon cars 'warble' around the corners..

Ditto that first paragraph. Why oh why do people have sit on your bumper. The most annoying place for me is in built up areas when you're trying to take a bit of care and stick to the speed limits. It's even worse when it's a chav trying to show off...