197 faster than a 350Z???

I cant se it my self :001_rolleyes:, how can a 180BHP Clio stay in front of a 280BHP 350z they both are around the same weight (ish) with the 350z being a bit more.

Either you guys are pro racing drivers or something is up, I don’t find the 197 blistering fast, yes it’s fast but not that fast.

Clio 197:

power = 197 horsepower = 197 horsepower weight = 1204 kilogram = 2654.3656367074 pound
Power to weight ratio 0.074
0-62 - 6.9

350z:

power = 280 horsepower = 280 horsepower weight = 1554 kilogram = 3425.9835543549 pound
Power to weight ratio 0.081
0-62 - 5.5

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6098518169264609272#

Last edited:
Believe me - with a equally good/bad driver in the 350Z & 197 Nissan will be faster when it comes to acceleration. Tested many times.

A friend of mine with the stock 350Z and 1000km was doing 13,8s 1/4 mile and I my best was 14,83. A HUGE difference when it comes to 1/4 mile drag race.

What will happen on the racetrack - I don't know.

im sorry i just cant see this. a standard subaru forester 2.0t 175 ish sailed past me in the 197, as did a standard 53 plate type r, as did a 210 bhp 9-3 aero, a 325d....etc etc etc, your 197 must be making its power!

im sorry i just cant see this. a standard subaru forester 2.0t 175 ish sailed past me in the 197, as did a standard 53 plate type r, as did a 210 bhp 9-3 aero, a 325d....etc etc etc, your 197 must be making its power!

erm well i can honestly say a type r has never "sailed past me", every spirited drive ive had with a type r whether it be standing start or rolling has never pulled from me! if anything i would say im the one who has half a car lenght on him!
the other 3 would easily pass you at 110+, but that only in a straight line! take all of them to the b roads and you will/should destroy them :smile:

remember always where your seat belts and stick too the limit :wink:

but that was a track race?? not straight line.
isnt a 197 better around track than 1*2? i have no idea hence asking?
never knew you was tiff needle gaz :tongueout:

but that was a track race?? not straight line.
isnt a 197 better around track than 1*2? i have no idea hence asking?
never knew you was tiff needle gaz :tongueout:

Thats my point!! an EP3 Civic is a terrible handling car.... its straight line pace is nothing to be messed with. I dont know whether a 1*2 handles better than a 197, maybe richandgem could answer that. Im not tiff needel, but I know how to drive...im paid to drive 250-300bhp cars on a daily basis......

oh and i must add....these were all done on private land in derby, rented for other purposes.This was done in our break lol

ahh lol sorry was thinking that you was reffering to the video.
ive never seen any comparison between the 197 and ctr on track and theres none on youtube.
funny that coz there both the best in the n/a hatch class

my error, my tests that i posted were straight line races on land in derby, my point was simply the civics are shite on bends but it beat a 182, in a straight line imagine the gap it could pull....just think some of us had 'good uns' and some 'bad uns' i can only say mine was whipped in a straight line by a civic, which to be fair is where i should imagine 95% of tussles occur and for me rightfully or wrongfully i was fed up of being embarrassed by less powerful heavier bland machines. If a 197 held its own against a 350z then good work, i just couldnt see it in the one I had.

i was in my mates r33 gtr a while ago and another mate of mine was in his mitsu gto. they both floored it off the lights and my mate was changing and still had 1k of revving to do. anyways my other mate in the gto was going round saying it was as quick as the gtr, but i know the truth LOL.
so that might be a similar thing, it may have seemed like the 350z was ragging it but he just wanted to see what the 197 had??? duno... or maybe it was driver error or maybe the 197 really did have the 350z...

Thats my point!! an EP3 Civic is a terrible handling car.... its straight line pace is nothing to be messed with. I dont know whether a 1*2 handles better than a 197, maybe richandgem could answer that. Im not tiff needel, but I know how to drive...im paid to drive 250-300bhp cars on a daily basis......

:huh:

I drove one and it's really nice to drive. Fully independent rear suspension does give it a nice handling characteristic :wink: the Clio on the other hand has got a "rigid axle". Dunno if this is right but my dictionary says so :biggrin: hope you know what I mean. But the Clio's suspension is really well made so...

Look at this :biggrin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8i01CSrFSM

Do like does K20 engines cause they are very tunable. A friend here in Slovenia has it modded and not for very much money - it pushes 249hp on the dyno :blink:

My money would have to be on the 350z.

I played with an RX8 once and im sure the performance of that and a 350z are close.

Needless to say the RX8 had the edge.

Can our Clio beat S3, E46 M3? I don't think so. Don't be foolish - I would like to bolieve that, but it just isn't the case.

Totally agree with this 8) I tested round 6-7 hothatches before getting myself the Clio. Almost all of them are more tunable and are faster in a straight line. Maybe I'm not so disappointed with the power of it cause I always knew what I'm getting cause I've drove many other hothatches :001_huh:

our 182 is faster in a straight line, but its didn't handle better when it was standard, I'd get a faster lap time in a 197, I think :wink: