19 years old

thanks for all the info, found a yellow 197 57 plate 30,000 miles £9,995 hopefully going to see it tomo in lincoln, my dad ows a cooper s tried to get insured on that but just pulled my pants down £3600.

well i'm 21 aswell, but with only 2 years ncb and mine is 1025, thats with everything (breakdown cover etc etc), so i reckon yours will be about 1750-2000.

i was 19 (was 20 in 2 months) when i had my 197 and paid just under £900, this was with 0 no claims and it was with churchill (my address helps alot :smile:, im in one of the lowest postcode groups)
do a 10 month accelerator sceme with admiral, you get your NCB at 10 months rather than 1 year, thats what im doing.

They're good! I thought mine was cheap all things considered! But I have 4 years NCB!

Technically its not, its 31 miles from one of Britains Oil Capitals! :smile: lol. But i do have the safest post code in the town so thats a bonus.

Don't know how you young ones manage it.

When I was looking at anything with a 2L engine at 20 I was out right refused insurance and the ones who would, wanted something like 8k

Once I turned 21 it was a different story. IMO I think you are crazy buying a car such as a 197 at 17,18,19 even 20, I would never spend 1k on insurance.

My insurance went up lots this year with every company I tried. only change was another year older and another years no claims. very odd, insurance is a rip off lol

My insurance went up lots this year with every company I tried. only change was another year older and another years no claims. very odd, insurance is a rip off lol

I did a quick quote for mine the other day for next year. Quote was £20 less than this year.

I phoned my ins the other night to see how much it would be to change to a 200.

909 (a few quid more than my current car) for the year. I'm 20 with 1 ncb and 3 accidents. 1 fault and 2 non fault.

Two big savers ive found is, add a named driver. Someone old, better if related to you. They don't have to even drive your car, and youre not breaking any rules but brings it down loads.

Secondly, up the excess. But make sure not too much that you can't afford it in a crash.

Have a sex change would help to but its a little extreme.

Im 27, 6 years no claims, ok'ish postcode. No accidents.
My partner is 24, 5 years no claims and no accidents.

To have me as the policy holder, her as named driver £700
Her as policy holder, me as named driver £600
Work that one out.

Shop around too, I had a series 2 Rs Turbo when I was 18.
No no-claims and a pending accident (wasn't my fault - but was assumed my fault until settled 2 years later)
I spent 7 hours solid on the phone getting quotes, cheapest i'd found was £2700, ended up paying £1700!!!!!! You'll be amazed how many different companies are actually the same company, it'll be the most annoying, depressing boring job you'll ever do, but if you save yourself £1000 it'll be well worth it.

Another tip, pay for it on an interest free credit card, not monthly with the insurance company as most of them charge astronomical interest rates!!!!!

I'll shut up now........ lol

IMO I think you are crazy buying a car such as a 197 at 17,18,19 even 20, I would never spend 1k on insurance.

Maybe, but it is definatley worth it if you can afford to do it!

P.S You must have seen my signature! :zap:

Another tip, pay for it on an interest free credit card, not monthly with the insurance company as most of them charge astronomical interest rates!!!!!

......l

This is a big saver, saved me HUNDREDS last year, I paid it in a lump some rather than monthly as It was something crazy like an extra £800 to pay it monthly! Lucky I could borrow the cash and iv learnt my lesson for this year and after paying that money off early iv saved in advance for this years renewal :smile:

Damn insurance companies :bat: