20 Years old!!!!!! OMG

M

Mentalpen

My HIFI that sits proud as punch in my living room is 20 (twenty) years old today.

It sounds as good as it did on the day i bought it and far better imo that the crap they churn out today.

IIRC it was just short of £1000 at the time :blush:hmy:

I still love how i can have the speaker covers on or off to change the look of them but its party trick are the motorised speakers that move to change the ambiance and definition or the sound to imitate the type of and place the music is being performed in.

fullZZZZZZTVICL0902111035PIC.jpg

[YOUTUBE]98Ky3j2g2cI[/YOUTUBE]

So come on what have you got that is as old or older and better than the throw away generation.

...I have my Dad's Goldring Lenco turntable which was purchased as a wedding present in 1967....

My trusty old BMW its 23 years old now. Still going strong! Quite bad thou when asked by an ex as to how old it was and when I said 22 she said that's older than me lol

I have a VHS, does that count...

As a young lad it was quite an event when we got our first video recorder, it was a Ferguson Videostar, toploader with big massive buttons and a remote on a lead. Funny thing was the lead wasn't long enough to reach from under the TV to the sofa

Fernandez I remember us being the last house in the street to get a video cassette recorder!

OMG remember when you didn't just know your neighbour but your whole bloody street!

Fernandez I remember us being the last house in the street to get a video cassette recorder!

OMG remember when you didn't just know your neighbour but your whole bloody street!

You spoke to your neighbours?! I like to pretend they don't exist, and the only purpose of the flats under mine are to hold it up it and give me better view of Barnsley...

You spoke to your neighbours?! I like to pretend they don't exist, and the only purpose of the flats under mine are to hold it up it and give me better view of Barnsley...

That view being Leeds in the distance :thumbup1:

We actually know loads of people round here but then its is a small village so everyone knows everyone.

But back in the day there was a "community" spirit.

Tories soon killed that off though.

Yeah, there isn't that so much. When I was younger we knew everyone on the street, there were loads of kids too so everyones parents knew each other and kinda took turns in watching over us all.

These days all my neighbours just sit and look out the window and wait for me to do something they don't agree with so they can complain to the maintenance company. Bunch of miserable bitter old gits that hate the fact that 60% of the flats are owned/rented by 20somethings. Can't wait to move back in to a house and have some space, it always seems like the less on top of each other people are the more they get on.