170 kilometres too much for a new car?

Oh yeah, you said aswell maybe on CS that you can't get the car manufactured in this spec? Is there any reason? What is the spec?

It's a Clio RS 200 20th anniversary edition which arent manufactured anymore. Basically its a FF 200 with a few extra bits like pearlescent white paint with deep black roof, custom stitching on the dash and the badging on the pillars and else where.

Up to you fella but I would expect a healthy amount knocked off the price if you were to accept it. My reason being

You bought it with they're word it had no miles and you are paying brochure price for a car which has done a few miles!!!! From what I can remember from being a car salesman (it was a few years ago) A car is no longer classed as new after it has covered 80miles. But saying that the R8's were being delivered with 120 on the clock but this was due to them being tested at the factory.

They have obviously been using it for demonstrations and lets face it how would you drive a 200 on a test drive?????

If it was me I wouldnt accept the car but I understand its a one off and you do seem to have your heart set on it so the very least I would expect them to do is stick a new set of tyres on it, a free first service and a few quid knocked off the price.

Or ask them to register it as a demonstrator and pay them a demonstrator price:closedeyes:

Both of the above are possible as ive had to do both for previous customers whos cars were delivered with less than 60miles on.

Or you can ignore all I said above as i dont know how dealers in Gibraltar work get on the phone to Renault uk or whoever it is down there and ask them what milage they would consider to be acceptable on a new car!!! But if you are to do this dont tell them your situation at first await till you get theyre answer then go from there

Ben

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions