170 kilometres too much for a new car?

I purchased the car the other day from the nearest dealership and everything seemed fine, car needed to be delivered from the other side of the country. Today i get a phone call that the car has done 170km (105 miles) meaning its been used as a demonstration. The car being located on the other side of the country means i cant see it and the dealer says he cant do any discounts. What u think? He gives me the money back if i want, but as its a special edition my hands are sort of tied because its the only one available.

Last edited:
if your spending that kind of money on a car i would want to see it.

could they have it delivered and then you get to decide.?

@jase having it delivered is not an option because the dealer says as the car is not in their hands it is in a completely different province that they have to pay it and then can it be delivered. They say they don't risk in paying because the customer might end up not buying.

I wish i could see it, they say its in a showroom so should be in showroom condition and if there was a problem with it they will sort it.

so you have got to go there anyway to pick it up???
if so you can haggle when you get there if its not what you ordered

ah right
well surely you dont pay till you take delivery of the car
if when they deliver it is not in the condition you were expexting
dont accept it nothing they can do
where you from mate

As I said on CS mate, thats not a lot of miles, but I'd still fob off the dealership for a bit and get onto RUK and see what they can do. Thats poor service if they promised you a new car. If it's been used as a demo car that not new.

I bought it as new only that they said it had done no miles and then come back to tell me it has 105.
well if they said zero miles you have a case
but if its the car you realy want i say go for it and argue later
you will get something out of them
what you having anyway mate

Out of curiosity where about are you buying it from if your in Gib?

If they said there were zero miles on it i wouldn't be happy especially if i had already payed for it! If i was you i would call RUK or just demand some money or something to add to the car as a value..?

I would be asking them what they were doing for 105 miles, thats not a quick trip around the test track to check everything is ok. Either they were using it for trips down to the shops or the car had an issue that needed road testing to find

Similar Thread Suggestions