1/2 cage pics

Where are these currently available from? Which mountings do they use, I assume the seat backrest mounts and the bottom seatbelt mounts?

Speak to John at JC Motorsport 0151-928 0000

Cheers everyone, found one annoying thing though, passenger seatbelt dings on it! Need some sticky back magnets.

is this cage safety certified at all?

I know it wont be FIA certified, but is it MSA certified at all?

What are the diameter of the bars and material?

Just trying to work out if its worth trying to source one, or if its just as useful as a chocolate tea pot :smile:

Given it was used by MSV to give track instruction in their fleet of 197s, I would assume it has been built to MSA standards - it'd have to be for their liability insurance??

They were made by these people and it is proper CDS.. so I'm confident it'll at least do its job and stop the roof and B-pillar coming in.

Given it was used by MSV to give track instruction in their fleet of 197s, I would assume it has been built to MSA standards - it'd have to be for their liability insurance??

They were made by these people and it is proper CDS.. so I'm confident it'll at least do its job and stop the roof and B-pillar coming in.

sounds like it will defo do the job.

good stuff :smile:

Have you left the rear backrest and parcel shelf out?
What is the ride height like from losing that weight?
Im getting in on the group buy thing for one of these, but im not sure whether to leave the rear backrest etc out as I dont want the rear end of the car to look like a tractor. I have a 200 Cup btw.

I have taken back seats in and out, the bases weight literally nothing, and the backrests aren't that heavy, doubt it makes a noticeable difference.

Ahh right ok, cheers for that matey. Dont want my Cup having tractor suspension :wink:

(Although I will probably end up keeping the backrests in so that my boot contents arent visable to pikeys)

1. Yes.
2. No change - backrest and cage weigh about the same
3. Erm, your call really? I don't really care what the back looks like, although I'm knocking up a webbing divider like the R26.R has to stop stuff flying about.. that's my only complaint.

That said, may as well ask Karl how much they are.

tn_r26cage-L-520x324.jpg

Last edited:
Side shots for Harpam.

I'm sorry, even with the proper camera it's really hard not to get reflections. You'd need to see one in the metal.

IMG_4114.jpg
IMG_4115.jpg
IMG_4116.jpg

Thankyou so much for those. Really appreciate that!!
It does look great in there, cant wait to get hold of one!

Car looks great btw... White on white looks awesome, bet its a bitch to keep clean though.

Ah, you've actually caught me on one of the rare occasions I've actually washed it, I was working from home today... - I just don't bother at this time of year, especially living out in the countryside with the farmers leaving s*** all over the roads.

Wheels are a doddle though thanks to Autobright very cherry, the lazy man's choice!

Yup I live in the countryside aswell... As soon as you've cleaned it and gone out in the car, it's covered in crap again! :worried:
Also, my Uni car park is basically a mud pit so that makes it even worse lol.

Might have to look at that Autobright stuff. I usually go for the Bilberry wheel cleaner.