1/2 cage pics

Installed ready for this season's track fun.

167606_494146585795_611430795_6485957_5804498_n.jpg

181920_494146770795_611430795_6485966_2115982_n.jpg

180658_494146895795_611430795_6485972_367463_n.jpg

Love it mike. Will u show me how to fit mine? Did u remove the seats?

Both front seats out, centre console out and be careful! You'll manage it fine if you just use common sense. Seats weigh a fricking tonne!!! I'm considering bucketing it.

Oh, and I believe some people have cut/removed the carpet?? I didn't need to.

Very nice, very very nice, it would look nice going round a certain German road :wink:

Sorry Woody, yes - all the extended part of the console around the handbrake.

It'll be on that German road in October Mike, along with Spa.

Looks great Mike. Still want one for mine and also considering fixed back buckets. Yb racing do complete sets on eBay with 2x seats, all mounting hardware and a couple of harnesses for reasonable money.

Deako, if I hadn't have specced Recaros, I'd already have buckets. I suspect the subframe is the bulk of the weight, however I'm working on that with a custom version to drop them too :wink:

Yb Racing are a good outfit, friend of mine knows them personally so let me know and I may be able to get some more money shaved off.

Looks really good but would have been better if it had a harness bar also. Think some carpet over the bare metal would finish it off nicely. R26.R style.

I assume it uses existing bolt holes etc?

Noddie, it would be really easy to have a harness bar added but as I can't be bothered welding in mounts for eyebolts to use one, there's no point.

I'm in France pretty much all of June, Mike. Sorry. Next time.

As stated I had to remove the insulation padding under my rear carpet to fit this cage as there just wasn't enough clearance on the roof, how strange that yours fitted!

That is a beautiful set up you have there Mike. If only I didnt need a rear seat for my daughter!!!!.... one daughter, one centrally mounted recaro in the rear, Mmmmmm now theres a thought :smile:

Still a fair few about, and I know £200 is a bit more than they went for initially - but you still can't argue at that money for something so well made. Plus, you stand to get the money back when you sell up.

Where are these currently available from? Which mountings do they use, I assume the seat backrest mounts and the bottom seatbelt mounts?