06 nimbus 197 daily track toy

had a busy day with the Clio yesterday sadly it was a bit half cock which isn't like me at all i managed to clean it then stopped there no sealant or window cleaner as the Mrs was on the phone and i got distracted so my boot plastics now off and decided to give my engine mounts a go because i haven't done anything mechanical for a while so i will post pics later but Powerflex engine and gearbox mounts now fitted then engine one was fine just a bit of a faff getting it in and out but i painted it and it looks lodes better and the gearbox mount after taking everything out and using the hammer its now back in and feels fantastic the front end really feels more positive i love it .. also cleaned out my PCV valve that was disgusting.

whoop whoop picture time

IMG_85521.jpg IMG_85541.jpg IMG_85661.jpg

and the engine mounts i do really like these and the way the gearbox pflex mount is mounted is quite amusing..

IMG_85691.jpg IMG_85731.jpg

spend spend spend today so i have just bought my wheel stud conversion kit.. PMS spacers and a set of PMS camber shims now i just need the brake set up this will be ordered next week when i get paid.

spend spend spend today so i have just bought my wheel stud conversion kit.. PMS spacers and a set of PMS camber shims now i just need the brake set up this will be ordered next week when i get paid.

Car running better after PCV 'de-gunk' ?

What brake set-up you planning on buddy ?

Car running better after PCV 'de-gunk' ?

What brake set-up you planning on buddy ?
Can't say I noticed as I also put the engine mounts on and they took precedence as they where just so awesome I do wanna go the 330mm but I think I will next time at the moment I'm going to do the ktec deal of ktec slotted disks and CL rc5+ pads

Stud and nut kit turned up today only thing is hal
great news..any pics??
pics of what sorry ??

Studs turned up today however 10 of them are the wrong thread pitch so they are sorting out the proper ones and tomorrow the spacers shims and other studs will be here.

Can't say I noticed as I also put the engine mounts on and they took precedence as they where just so awesome I do wanna go the 330mm but I think I will next time at the moment I'm going to do the ktec deal of ktec slotted disks and CL rc5+ pads

In the very close future I'll be doing a group buy on compbrake 330mm rotors with some discount for members like I've just been running on top mounts. Not sure how much the ktec discs are, but I know they'll work out a fair bit cheaper than the reyland ones, will be testing on my car shortly.

Reactions: Pav
Bits have all come today and I'm impressed with it all the stud and nut kit isn't from pms but the spacers and shims are and will be fitted Wednesday hopefully

IMAG2414_1.jpg

yeah as i already have the axle spacers on the rear im looking forward to seeing what the fronts will be like and the camber on the rear should make it feel a bit more like the old one lol

Fronts done today spacers and studs and handles nicely

So before

IMAG2417_1.jpg

During

IMAG2419_1.jpg

And because I let the thread lock set it was dark so I'll get an after soon but for now

IMAG2423_1.jpg

IMAG2422_1.jpg

Reactions: BenAG200
had a nice busy day this morning getting the bits fitted to the car i say bits im still waiting until i sort out the disks and pads before i do the powerflex stuff but rear camber shims and rear stud and nut kit went on. i did have a quick look at the rear brakes when i was there and boy im glad i did the passenger one the pads where seized in the holder but all is good now

before
IMG_87041.jpg

after
IMG_87141.jpg

before
IMG_8709.JPG

after
IMG_8713.JPG

before

IMG_87081.jpg

after

IMG_8725.JPG