You make sense of it!!!!!

I couldn't disagree more strongly. I've given up on here, no-one is interested in new things or supporting traders who take an interest and try to be a part of the "community" Never been on a less receptive forum in over 10 years of using them.

could also be a few other things as well - location and the "products" being "promoted"

parts for the 197/200 are very specific and the actual car has a few 197/200 parts only and to be honest i think its a very good car as "standard"...

Some forums I'm on have a range of discounts for paid members, others have access to different parts of the forum for paid members. It's up to the site and companies involved.

On VXRO, there's is a specific section of the forum dedicated to tuners.
This can be a positive and a negative, as it regularly turns into a tuner war, but also, with the VXR being turbo'd, there's alot more options hence they have their own section as there's ALOT of questions.
The tuners are also ONLY allowed to post in that area. Which prevents more tuner wars over the forum.

On AllCorsa, the paid membership give you discounts to some websites and products. But people hardally ever use them, because they arent any use or have expired.

But hey I'm new around here, I'm just sharing some experiences from using forums for around 4years :smile:

I personally think that working with tuners works wonders, some tuners go on the sites more than others. Some post up regular offers for forum users. In return the tuner gets lots of respect from members who get discount, resulting in lots of positive feedback for them and alot of people reccomending them :smile:

As an ex forum sponsor to quite a few Automotive forums (from Porsche forums thru to Scooby's) there were times when I felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall.

We'd be offering many new & exciting products to forum members at some stupidly low mark-up's, basically trying to get the numbers up and make profit on volume and reputation. Sadly, you'd get the usual "hater's" who just question & diss the products and come up with cheaper (and ALWAYS crap!) alternatives from eBay or similar. I'd also spend time setting up group buys with 100% guaranteed cheapest prices in UK, only to be let down by by the so called "commited" members, either by them dissapearing or moaning they haven't got the money when it comes to paying. NOT clever when you've ordered the products from suppliers upfront, only for them to be just sat on the shelf from then on. You'd also get some smart arse, trying to knock the price down even further via PM or email and promise they won't tell anyone. IDIOTS!!!

Because of this forum mentallity i decided it just wasn't worth it anymore, and the price I was paying as a sponsor just didn't make sense coz return was very little for all the time & effort going in. A real shame, coz some cracking products, but decided to spend my marketing budget with people that put their money where their mouth is..

As a newbie round here, I'm not saying this forum is like this at all (in fact its probably the friendliest I've been involved with) BUT, from an ex forum traders point of view, I can see they might generate more profitable sales from elsewhere. All IMHO mind you.. :thumbup:

All forums are the same. Most people are all hot air, which lets the tuners sorting group buys down. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Back to the OP. tell us the product etc, rather than playing a game of secrets.