York Races/Hotels

Right all members in the york area i need advice! Me and a few mates are going the races at the end of july! But we cant find a efin hotel there all fully booked! Last year i went down and stayed in weatherby and thats got rooms left but its miles away and the rest of the lads are moaning!

The only other option is a hostel which seems pretty central in york! However and it is a big however its very cheap and only comes with bunk beds :thumb1:. and a shared bathroom with other rooms! Opinions and help please any other local hotels that are cheap that we could try! Done travellodge and premier inn and all them case!

Cheers Lads!

Jesus there are around 1,000,000 b&b's in York.

I'm at the races on the 16th June in York but mates taking us to some corporate thingy at £500pp with as much as you can consume.

Sounds sweet! Is that the magnet cup your going to? Yorks good on a night after the races.

No idea? I've just been told i have to buy a suit! Bloody suit, I don't even own a shirt!!

Ive no interest in horses but free day of champaign and food is with a trip to matalan or the like for a £20 suit.

We are in the grandstand by the finish line if that helps.

Me and the wife went to ascot with family but were on the grass/grandstand. Was a good day out and I didn't even bet a pound.

There's a cheap and cheerful hotel about halfway between the course that I've stayed in and it was OK.

I booked through hotels.com (and got cashback on it too via topcashback.co.uk) it's called Elmbank Hotel and the address is The Mount, York, YO24 1GE.

It's not the Ritz but it's in a good location, has some free parking, and you can easily walk to both the races and the city centre afterwards from it.

Think I paid £56 for a double room and got £5 cashback - bargain :thumbsup:

That's a good price for a hotel on the mount, very close to the race course.
As for a suit stop being a tight git! A decent suit is an investment lol. Have a good un!

Haha yer I agree a suit is a investment! You will only ever need one! The hostel is just outside the centre think about 20mins walk by the sound of it! All the travellodges are fully booked! I went last year and stayed in wetherby! But its mission away from it! Can't wait to go to it now tho!

bugger the suit i won't even wear one to my own funeral, most hotels will insist on a 2 night stay from experience.

What the date of your races?

yeah york is a top night mate, can't go wrong, ousegate or micklegate run well worth a pop.

Holgate hill hotel has rooms, or you could all stop at the travel lodge in tadcaster and would be about £20 in a mini bus

To update this thread all the hotels are fully booked or havnt got the room for 7 people! I'm panicking now and wondering what to do or where to book! Any ideas! Not to bothered aslong as its fairly close and am not going to up my overdraft to stay!

Have you tried the hotels/guest houses on the a19 on bootham out towards the ring road?

That's the far side of York so you may get lucky.

Going the 28th of july! Yerp iv literally rang every hotel and b&b and there either fully booked or wont\don't want 7 lads staying there! Back up plan is that a friend lives in leeds and we try hire a local minibus or taxi firm!

Leeds is a trek in a taxi, trains run through the night between York and Leeds.