Yokohama AD08s?

:smile:

They're ace, though used to be cheaper and I'm using them on the road at the moment.

If you have any specific questions ask away as I've pretty much tested them in every possible scenario.

Why do you want 225's? 215's are fine on the 8J wheels, don't change the tyre size unless you have a reason to. I'm sure I read of a couple of people who changed to 225 tyres and regretted it.

I've also heard good things about these tires! The price on eBay sounds about what right for what I've seen them at before tbh.

Whats the point of running the wider cup wheels if your fitting std 215 tyres??? lol.

Im looking for something to slap on my track wheels so i can get there and home safely but abuse them on the track, and get some great grip.

Would use the R888s i have on my road wheels, but they wear out too quickly under harsh conditions.

They are lighter. I use Cup 8J's day to day. No point in messing up the handling and reducing acceleration due to an increased rolling circumference.

Plus, if you wanted to you would be fine fitting 225's on 7.5J wheels.

Profile remains at 45, 225s over 215 will only increase width, rolling circumference will be fine.

And i've weighed std and cup racer wheels, marginal difference.

Well I've done 4 track days and roughly 1000-1500 road miles on my current set that still have roughly 4-5mm left (they come with 8 ).

1 of those days was fairly steady but the other 3 I went through about 1 3/4 tanks of fuel so were fairly heavy on the tyres, also finished off a set of brake pads.

They are crap cold, crap crap crap crap. They aren't dangerous but you just need to be aware that they take a few miles of road driving or a couple of steady laps to warm up otherwise the back end as twitchy as it is will potentially step out :smiley:.

They seem to react well to a bit of heat but drop off quite a lot if you overheat them, smooth driving however and they seem to keep going forever. I got tired before they did on my most recent track outing :smile:

In terms of their performance, I wouldn't recommend them for drag racing I just don't think the tread pattern is right for that :s.
On a track though actual out and out grip is pretty amazing once warm, I've followed/passed and maintained distance with plenty of cars with much more expensive rubber (and even more power). They give you a lot of confidence as they tend not to let go suddenly, a bit more progressive.

In terms of using them on the road I used them back in the beginning of the year, you know..... when we had the crazy snow storms and really crappy weather. They worked fine, I really couldn't tell any different to the contis.
We've had a lot of wet weather recently and again they work just as well in the wet as any other tyre.
It goes without saying don't plough into standing water but who does that anyway?! (ok maybe once :smiley: )

Would I go with them again?

Possibly not, they are more expensive now than they were, I bought them at £105 a corner.
I'd like to try something a bit more focussed, there a few tyres from the likes of Silverstone/Federal etc. that look quite tasty but obviously will cost more!

BUT for a tyre that lasts so long yet still performs so well they're an out and out bargain.

Last edited:
What about something cheap for track days what you wouldnt mind burning away?

Im thinking along the lines of prada spec2s or Toyo T1Rs?

Unsure about spec2s, I had T1Rs on the front of my old DCI and regretted it over the CS2s I'd had before, they just seemed to lack the same grip.

You could make an entire forum about sports tyres, its a minefield! So many choices and different opinions.