Xenon Washer Bottle Sprays....

Hey all, took my front bumper off this morning to try and get my fogs and my Xenon washers working.

The clip to the fogs behind the bumper was slightly broken so I wrapped tape about it and now they work.

The washers for the Xenons how ever, have no hose going to the back of them.... me and a friend tried to find a hose near the washer bottle for the windscreen (assuming there is only one washer bottle?) but couldn't find anything. There are clips for the hose in the recess of the bumper so there must have been a cable at one time.... surely.

Do you no where i can get any of this hosing from to try get them fixed?

Also in the wheel arches there are a few plastic grommets which clip the liner back to the bumper/wing and above the liner. There are several missing, any ideas where I can pick some of these up?

Thanks

Will

I don't no :-0, they don't move up and down unless I twist the nob.

There was also a clip under each light, (on a cable) couldn't see where it was going to... But it wasn't plugged into anything

You don't have xenons, you just have a bumper with washer jets.

On the plus side, I think it is pretty straightforward to retrofit; someone did it but I can't remember their username. Try having a search.

Are you sure they aren't just HID's?

Factory xenons would have automatic levelling (i.e. no switch on the dash) and headlamp wash. Your car has neither.

Don't forget the lamp units are very similar between the xenons and the HID's. The only difference being the bulb, auto levelling and the headlamp wash.

Do your cornering lamps work?

The HID and xenon lights are visually identical, the difference is the bulbs, auto levelling and the headlamp wash. If you don't have auto levelling and you don't have most of the gubbins for headlamp wash then chances are they are the HID lamps not the xenons.

Thanks, there is a spin wheel on the dash to adjust the lights up and down so they are just hids?

Therefore for the new MOT thing, xenons have to have washer jets.... Mine are there and they don't work so if I blanked them off would this then fail MOT? if you get where I'm coming from?

Ok, yours has HIDs not Xenons so the headlamp wash is not needed. Even if it was it isn't a tested item on the MoT.

The whole thing with retrofitting xenons isn't an MoT issue as the MoT is a test of road worthiness not of compliance with a vehicles original homologation.

So long as the beam pattern is ok you should be fine.

Was there not a new MOT regulations list flying around for next year? Which said xenons washer jets must work, and front fo lights fitted to a vehicle must work, amongst other things

Are the cornering lamps the fogs? If so I've only fixed them today so will have to find out, each individual light comes on when cornering?

No, the cornering lamps are at the outside of each headlamp. Headlights on and turn your wheel and the cornering lamp should illuminate in the direction you are turning. They don't work when reverse gear is engaged.

No cornering lights, at least it doesn't look this way when driving, guessing they are noticeable