Xenon problems

I have retro-fitted xenons on my 200, and the right one struggles when firing up

It flashes for a second, and then either goes off completely, or remains on but dim

Cant be the bulb if it flashes a bit surely

Renault won't touch it because they didn't fit it

I have been advised not to touch it due to high voltage dangers

Where do I turn? What do I do?!

Sounds like a dodgy ballast to me, a lot of the cheaper aftermarket kits have unreliable ballasts.

I have a reasonable kit (~£60 2 years ago) and one of the ballast very occasionally fails to fire up.

imo.

You have fitted a discharge bulb but the UCH will not accept it unless its is re programmed.

Cheapest way round it would be to fit inline HID anti-flicker decoder to each headlamp unit with pushfit connectors.

ebay is your friend.

They were fitted by ado from this forum, I bought that car from him a few months ago, he's in Korea now but I do speak to him occasionally, he's been really helpful with info so I'll probs ask him about the kit. It's tough cos I don't know what I'm looking at, I just want someone to fix it and I'll pay them. Is this laziness?

I started the car up and revved it to 4000 then switched them on... This worked the first time I did it, but failed to even flicker when I tried last night :worried:

This is the ad for when adrien was looking to sell them

"As title. These are bi-xenon so the high beam is xenon as well as dipped beam. They provide so much more light in the dark.

Looking for £150 plus standard 200 black insert reflectors. I can fit if you bring the car to me or meet somewhere near.

The kit is basically as linked but with Osram CBI 5k bulbs. It produce pure white light.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=237

The lens would need to be resealed but that's an easy job.

You are getting over £200 worth of parts and a pair of projector headlight so it's good value. The bulbs were over £110 for the pair.

This deal needs to be completed very quickly otherwise they'll go with the car.

For pictures there is a guide in the guides section from jan 2011."

You can't just fit a discharge bulb as the UCH needs programming to accept it, which i doubt he has done if someone has just fitted to it.

Not doing so will give the issues you have described eg, flickering, dim bulb or not working.

You need to add anti-flicker decoder as it will act as a smoothing capacitor in parallel with an inductor and it SHOULD work.

Just my opinion.

look at the wire loom where it meets the headlight unit and check if it has or hasn't got one. If not perhaps you could purchase one over the net and use the distance selling act to try and see if it solves the problem.

You can't just fit a discharge bulb as the UCH needs programming to accept it, which i doubt he has done if someone has just fitted to it.

Not doing so will give the issues you have described eg, flickering, dim bulb or not working.

You need to add anti-flicker decoder as it will act as a smoothing capacitor in parallel with an inductor and it SHOULD work.

Just my opinion.

look at the wire loom where it meets the headlight unit and check if it has or hasn't got one. If not perhaps you could purchase one over the net and use the distance selling act to try and see if it solves the problem.

ok, i'll look into this, cheers