Working/living in the UK?

I'd be looking at Asia as that's what I did last year.

Quick comparison, I was on around £36k in engineering but changed to teaching in korea. The pay is 1/3 butim saving at least £1000 per month compared to £200 in the uk due to living costs. I eat out 2/3 times a week and party every two weeks in Seoul.

Basically Asia provides the low living costs and job security for now. It won't last forever but it's better than the UK.

Loving the negativity in here. We truely are a nation of moaners!

well dont know what to reply to this - so out of a job and finding it hard to make a living is a "moan" is it....

wonder how your attitude would change if the tables were changed!!

i dont think anyone is moaning....i am speaking from experience gone through some right crap lately - and no i am not on any benefits from the state - worked long and hard hours for many many years and got well and truely shafted!!!! wish i could say more but i cant!

its easy to think everything is rosey when you are employed and you get a pay rise - enjoy it while you can some of us out here havent have been as lucky...

Im refering to the way out of the 3 pages in this topic only 3? of us have been positive about being in the UK and everyone else is saying go elsewhere. Living in the UK isnt that bad surely or are we just taking things for granted (quality of life, NHS, public transport etc)? :smile:

Fox im not aiming any of this at you obviously!

Last edited:
Im refering to the way out of the 3 pages in this topic only 4? of us have been positive about being in the UK and everyone else is saying go elsewhere!

Living in the UK isnt that bad surely or are we just taking things for granted (quality of life, NHS, public transport etc)? :smile:

Fox im not aiming any of this at you obviously!

yes i appreciate what your saying

i think with the internet and how the world has become the view is that this country in many ways isnt as good as it used to be!

the views here i think is that this country isnt the easy option it once was for those coming to work and find their fortune as there are others out there that offer at the moment far better oppotunities

i never thought i would be in the position i would be in i am now - the only item i own now is my clio :'( i worked hard and long hours didnt go sick and even if i say myself did a blooming good job for who i worked for cummulating in them saving £4m due to my efforts....that now amounts to nothing i was just "dumped"...

I was born in London and left 7 years ago aged 31. I will say this, go to the UK just so you can come back and appreciate how good we've got it here. The grass isn't greener but you'll probably need to go to find that out.It's great as a tourist but going to work every day in that **** weather on the underground is the pits. A guy I used to work with went to the UK in November and came back after 3 months. He was getting depressed with it getting dark at 3:30 in the afternoon