won the 197 on the 12th august 2020

I entered a competition with the free website credit i won 2 weeks previously and won this red rs197. not stopped driving it. previous owner that sold it to the competition company said they lost service history etc but, it hasn't cost me anything to own it. Saw that someone on here owned it a few years ago, was wondering if anyone else owned it at any point in time that might know more about its history and what has been done to the car? reg HN58UKEInked117394786_890770324664786_3845693659113850327_o_LI.jpg117799175_348728219487293_1013133620920375100_o.jpg

That was mine. She still looks perfect. If I'd known about it, I wish I'd entered the competition to win it back! If you ever consider selling it, let me know and I'll see what financial situation I'm in because I'd love to have her back.

I owned the car from January 2010 and bought it from Renault Leicester. Apparently it was owned by 1 of the sales guys working there, so would have been serviced there. In my time of ownership it was serviced at Renault Wolverhampton, but I'd have only had 1 service done because if I remember correctly, I owned it for about 21 months. I part exchanged it in at Mazda Doncaster for a white Mazda 3 MPS. Which I kept for about the same amount of time. Both very good cars, but the 197 was definitely the one I'd take for another drive if I had the opportunity to drive any of my previous cars. I had my private plate on it during ownership, so it will probably show as having a plate change on any vehicle history check.

I had the spoiler fitted, it's a genuine Renault spoiler from the 'normal' Clio range. I had the wheels powder coated anthracite. I had the rear windows tinted. I had the door mirror caps painted gloss black. I'm not sure if you will know this or not, but the car actually has factory fitted Bluetooth.

Since this 197, other RS models I've owned are a titanium 182 and a flame red 200t. But not as my only vehicle and now I only have my trusty family Volvo!

Congratulations on winning the car and I hope you enjoy her as much as I did.

Looks a bit lower now, has it got lowering springs on it or something?
yes, it's been lowered and has a full milltek exhaust...been debadged at the rear as well. been trying to get as much history about it as possible and to find out if the cam belt etc actually got replaced. i know the water pump got changed and previous owner told the competition company cam belt and dephaser got changed but, no proof was handed over in means of paperwork....so tracing it back slowly. love driving it, sounds mental...pops and bangs changing up gears and pulls like a train! before this, i was driving about 600-1000 miles per year.....no need to drive to work. since it was delivered last saturday, i've driven almost 300 miles! i find any excuse to go out in itInked117160139_885516928523459_7547749620900732878_o_LI.jpg

Your rear end picture has just loaded, looks tasty now! I put the Renault exhaust tips on it when I had it. Didn't take the RenaultSport badge off or fit the black bumper protector either.

Where did you enter the competition?

Last edited:
Reactions: razzer71
You're rear end picture has just loaded, looks tasty now! I put the Renault exhaust tips on it when I had it. Didn't take the RenaultSport badge off or fit the black bumper protector either.

Where did you enter the competition?
love the sound of the aftermarket milltek exhaust set up....loud deep rumble. it was a place called premium competitions.

So did you enter a competition and win free entry to another competition? Sounds like your amazingly lucky!

So did you enter a competition and win free entry to another competition? Sounds like your amazingly lucky!
I won a free to enter competition 2 weeks earlier with the company for £200 cash and £100 website credit to be used on any of the competitions they had on the website. i used £16 on the bmw and £80 on the 197.......won the car with the free credit lol i've now won 7 times with the same company on the free to enter cash/credit comps since march this year...total of over £1k and pretty much the same with website credit almost

That's unbelievable. I must enter these. What's the catch?
the catch is that you must be interacting on the competition facebook page between monday - friday midnight and enter at least one paid competition (new edit, previously you didn't need to enter a comp) at the end of the week, top 20-30 top interactors are entered to have a chance at winning cash/credit. I usually wait for the email offering up to 70% off for the first 10 people...then i buy a ticket for a couple of quid.