Wiper Fault (not the normal fault)

I have been experiencing a problem with my wipers for over 4 months now.

Sometimes they work perfectly no fault at all.

But the majority of times they always play around, for instance;

use screen wash and wipers wiper, but sometimes they just won't stop, even if I swipe up and down on the wiper stalk or they will just stop in the centre of the screen and they will not respond to the wiper stalk settings. Then they will all a sudden go really fast and then may stop!

They always seem to respond if they are in the default location (at the bottom of the screen) but anywhere else they do not listen to what the stalk is asking them to do!

If its raining, the auto wipers work fine with no issues.

I have literally been out and cleaned my drain holes (they were fine) also when the wipers had stopped working (while leaving the wipers stalk setting on) I wiggled the wires that go into the wiper motor.

I have also tried putting some resistance (by pushing on the wiper arms when wiping and that does not seem to stop them or help them to get going)

it does not make a difference if I turn off the car! other then them stopping!

Has any one come across this? Its rather embarrassing driving when the wipers sit in the middle of the screen or just do not stop!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

No idea how to fix it but sometimes when i start my engine the wipers will just start going and wont stop and i have to turn car off and open the door and close it then start the engine again to stop them. Moving the stalk doesnt stop them for me either.. weird

does the wipers have a relay at all? or is that built into the stalk?

wobbling, knocking, being gentle, rough with the stalk doesn't make a difference!

Damn that's an expensive one! I was under the impression that all mk3 wiper stalk models were the same? There shouldn't be any differentiation to the RS one surely. I might be wrong though so anyone to confirm?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

+1 on the stalk. Mine sometimes plays up but at the moment it's not too bad, if it gets worse I'll have to try to fix or replace it. There is a guide on here somewhere that shows you how to dismantle the stalk to try and clean the contacts, it's worked for some peoples that were playing up.