Windows Not Working on Both Sides

mojojojo

Paid Member
Hey All - Having some odd window issues - please help.

All i get is a click sound when either window button is pressed in either direction.
Central locking works fine so the harness seems ok.
Have checked cabin fuses and they are fine - are there any others i should be checking ?
Any ideas on where I can go hunting for the issue ?
I suspect temic modules but seems odd both would go.
I have a spare to test with but that leads me to the below dillema

Part two of the dilemma, anyone know how to remove the window reg/motor when the windows can't be moved.
Both sides are currently stuck closed ie. all the way up.
I can't find a way to lower the glass so i can remove the cliips allowing me to remove it.
Is there a method to manually lower the window ?
If i cant get the glass out i can't get the reg/motor out to do more testing.

I'm a bit lost for ideas, any help is appreciated.
Cheers

I can't help you with either dilemma I am afraid, but I can confirm the window regulators and motors are crap and often do go bad close to one another.

Also replacement parts suck - the cheap motors dont have the comfort close option so keep that in mind.

Reactions: mojojojo
For both windows to stop at the same time is not likely have you checked the passenger side button just in case the driver side button is water damaged. Also you can retrain the windows one touch system it involves putting the windows all the way up and holding the button up for a further 6 or so seconds then all the way down then hold the button downwards for a further 6 seconds to learn fully down. This is normally when the windows judder and struggle to go up or down. With the door open and the switch pressed downwards put the palms or your hands either side of the glass and help push the wind down to help the motor.

Reactions: Sean197
For both windows to stop at the same time is not likely have you checked the passenger side button just in case the driver side button is water damaged. Also you can retrain the windows one touch system it involves putting the windows all the way up and holding the button up for a further 6 or so seconds then all the way down then hold the button downwards for a further 6 seconds to learn fully down. This is normally when the windows judder and struggle to go up or down. With the door open and the switch pressed downwards put the palms or your hands either side of the glass and help push the wind down to help the motor.

Thanks but unfortunately it's not the switches, I swapped them over with working ones from my other car and no go. I do get a distinct clicking sound like a relay when I pull the switch which is why I think modules. I have a spare but can't figure out how to remove the current ones to test because I can't lower the window to get to the clips