Which Tyres??

Seems abit of a mission to get hold of some REO50A 215 40 18's at the moment as I want to replace them ideally with the REO50A as that what the raider came standard with anyone know anywhere that'll still do them in that size?

If not what do people recommend Pirelli Zero Nero, Dunlop sport 01, Continental sport 5's or Micelin pilot supersport

Any help would be greatly appriciated i am going to stick with 2154018 as the tyre size

Last edited:
Seems abit of a mission to get hold of some REO50A 215 40 18's at the moment as I want to replace them ideally with the REO50A as that what the raider came standard with anyone know anywhere that'll still do them in that size?

i run that tyre on my red bull version clio. i'm going to replace them with michelin pilot super sports, in size 225/40R18. over here (belgium) the michelins aren't as expensive as the bridgestones (in size 215/40R18 ), get better reviews, weigh two pounds (per tyre) less, are allowed for the (very strict) belgian MOT and look a bit better on the 8x18 raider (and red bull) wheel due to the increased width (225 to 215).

frankly, i wouldn't bother looking for a 215 section tyre. go 225. :smile:

Hmmmm thanks dude but defo wanna stick with the 215 ones maybe i will have to change the make to continetal dunlop etc

anyones help would be great as im buying them today and dont want to make a mistake and by worse ones? Its between Dunlop sport 01/ Pirreli p zero nero???????

anyones help would be great as im buying them today and dont want to make a mistake and by worse ones? Its between Dunlop sport 01/ Pirreli p zero nero???????

I'd stick with OEM, but I know you've said they're very hard to come by. Presumably you can't wait any longer? Based on the other brands you previously mentioned I'd go for Michelin Pilot SuperSports, Continental Sport 5, Pirelli Zero Nero and Dunlop Sport 01 in that order.

I'd stick with OEM, but I know you've said they're very hard to come by. Presumably you can't wait any longer? Based on the other brands you previously mentioned I'd go for Michelin Pilot SuperSports, Continental Sport 5, Pirelli Zero Nero and Dunlop Sport 01 in that order.
unfortunately i cannot get OEM anymore and im on a budget so thats why i thought of the Pirelli/Dunlop would you say they are a bad tyre at all and not so capable as the others you mentioned?

unfortunately i cannot get OEM anymore and im on a budget so thats why i thought of the Pirelli/Dunlop would you say they are a bad tyre at all and not so capable as the others you mentioned?

I wouldn't say a 'bad tyre' as such, but the R&D budgets at Michelin, Continental and Pirelli are larger than that of Dunlop. Dunlop are owned by Goodyear and positioned as a motorsport orientated brand as far as I'm aware. Hence sponsoring and being the control tyre for the BTCC. Yet they are still a niche brand in a large global organisation. I'd expect the 'best' technology in the Goodyear portfolio is kept for Goodyear branded tyres. Price points could be a basic indication of this.

Pirelli provide tyres for F1 and the Nero brand is the premium tyre. Michelin are massive and throw so much cash at R&D. Likewise Continental. Given that the 200 came with Continental SportContact 3's as the OEM tyre the 5 would be a sure bet. As would a Michelin as they've been OEM on RenaultSports for many models.

I know you're on a budget, but one thing I'd always try to adhere to is not comprising on cost when it comes to tyres and brakes. It's just that tiny hand sized contact patch on the road that's the only thing between you and your pride and joy and the hedge after all.

I'd certainly purchase Dunlop before NanKing or something cheap/dire. Yokohama might be worth looking at. They're good in the dry, but compromised in the wet in my experience. As I said, if it was me. Michelin, Continental, Pirelli, Dunlop. How about looking at a Goodyear too?

Unfortunately only just seen this message and decided on the Dunlop sport 01's in the end as i got a good deal on 4 so i shall keep you posted how i get on with them as they are going on after my track day on the 15th :smile: Thanks for all your help dude