Which is best ??

Looking at buying spacers, looking at standard spacers with longer bolts and hubcentric spacers but which is best and why

I know from what others have said they may affect handling so would one set of these spacer do that more so than the other ?

Cheers :smile:

you need hubcentric spacers mate its as simple as that as they keep the wheel central with a spigot that replicates the spigot on the oem hub,non hubcentrics are basically just a large washer with 5 holes in so the only thing keeping your wheel roughly central is the wheel bolts,this isn't good and will cause alot of vibration and upset the car alot

16mm h&r or eibach spacers will require longer bolts but if you go for 20mm or 25mm spacers you keep your oem bolts as the spacer screws to the hub then the oem bolts into the spacers

if you look at the pics on larkspeed or google images you'll understand what i mean,hope this helps

Last edited:
you need hubcentric spacers mate its as simple as that as they keep the wheel central with a spigot that replicates the spigot on the oem hub,non hubcentrics are basically just a large washer with 5 holes in so the only thing keeping your wheel roughly central is the wheel bolts,this isn't good and will cause alot of vibration and upset the car alot

16mm h&r or eibach spacers will require longer bolts but if you go for 20mm or 25mm spacers you keep your oem bolts as the spacer screws to the hub then the oem bolts into the spacers

if you look at the pics on larkspeed or google images you'll understand what i mean,hope this helps

Ahh great help cheers, hubcentric is it !!

So then what's the differents between spacers that just have 5 holes and a spigot (guessing you'd need longer bolts here) and ones like u mentioned where u bolt the spacer to the hub then the wheel to the spacer

So then what's the differents between spacers that just have 5 holes and a spigot (guessing you'd need longer bolts here) and ones like u mentioned where u bolt the spacer to the hub then the wheel to the spacer

got it in one matey

The ones you bolt to the hub just do away with not having to have really long wheel bolts, the spacers are the ones that are about 25mm wide so you'd want wheel bolts around 25mm longer (thread) which is probably not ideal.

A set of special bolts bolt the spacer to the hub, allowing the normal wheel bolts to hold the wheel to the spacer, a slight down side would be extra weight.

The smaller spacer (16mm) only needs the new wheel bolts to be (obviously) 16mm longer.

The ones you bolt to the hub just do away with not having to have really long wheel bolts, the spacers are the ones that are about 25mm wide so you'd want wheel bolts around 25mm longer (thread) which is probably not ideal.

A set of special bolts bolt the spacer to the hub, allowing the normal wheel bolts to hold the wheel to the spacer, a slight down side would be extra weight.

The smaller spacer (16mm) only needs the new wheel bolts to be (obviously) 16mm longer.

Cheers mate, makes sense haha I wouldn't put 25mm wheel bolts on my car lol.
Still unsure on weather to go for 16mm or 20mm :/ want it to sit nice and wide in the arches but don't want it to handle any different, maybe can't avoid this when using spacers tho...