Which catback exhausts are track legal? (and don't drone!)

£2.74 solves your problem

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07C1V2M16/?tag=clio197-21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, my last car was a supercharged Lotus Evora with valved exhaust- effectively straight piped with the valve open. It was 125db at 4.5k RPM. Utterly ridiculous, and driving through mountain passes with windows down basically mandated earplugs. My missus could hear me coming several minutes away when driving back through valleys :laughing: I'd rather not have to deal with anything like that (and all the complaints it comes with) again :laughing:

Reactions: VeiRoNv2
I forgot to update this- I ended up getting a cheap second hand gravity backbox for £70 and thought I'd give it a go.

I'm quite happy with it tbh. It's a little boomy at lower revs (I wouldn't want it for loads of town driving, but it's fine as my general runaround), but all in all sounds good, gives the car way more character in the noise department, was 84db on a static noise test so got me on to track fine.

It's definitely louder, all the time, but it's not an irritating/droney frequency. Cruising at 70mph you can hear the exhaust, but it's fine to live with. It actually seems to get quieter higher in the revs- it's loudest between 2-3.5k rpm. I have no complaints really!