Wheel tyre protection cover

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
I took out wheel and tyre protection does anyone know how this works ie do they come out the same day as I've developed two punctures on the rear walls if you know what I mean :wink:. I remember someone on here having this cover but can't think who it was.

I've got it.

And no they won't come out the same day, you have to book in like with any mobile service.

You have to ring your insurance company who the cover is with and tell them what tyres you want and when is a convenient time and place for them to send somebody out. They'll then take FULL PAYMENT from you for the tyres and fitting and balancing over the phone... You will get a claims form to fill in which you need to have signed by the Tech' who comes out, he will note the damage on the form and basically just confirm that the tyres were damaged and the tread was still legal (they will not pay out if if tread depth is below the legal limit)... Once you've got this form, you send it in to them and they will reimburse you the first £100 per tyre. So if you've spent £150 per tyre, for a total of £300, then you'll get a cheque back for £200.

It's not quite as simple as wear the tyre out, develop a puncture, phone up for free tyres!!! Although, depending on if you make a good brew for the guy that comes round, I'm sure he'd write whatever you wanted him to write on the sheet nudge nudge wink wink. It's funny how my tyres always get punctured in pairs too... :smiley:

Some companies won't pay out if it's under 3mm so read the small print.

Also changing a drivers front to the off side rear makes it look more like you ran over something and damaged the curb side.

A bit more believable if you know what I'm saying.

Thanks pal on closer inspection looks like a couple of nails have gone in the rear wall tyres lol Had a look at my policy and it says to ring and they send you to a authorised fitter was hoping to use elite in Rainham got my protection from Renault .