Wheel spacers (200RS)

Hi guys, first post on this forum. Hello from Adelaide, Australia.

I just purchased a 2011 RS200 AusGP with the black speedlines on it, not to keen on how far the wheels sit under the guards from factory.

Looking at getting some better offset wheels for it eventually but considering putting some hubcentric spacers on it for the time being.

My question is if I want the speedlines to sit nice and flush with the guards (but not protruding), what thickness would I need and should I run same thickness front and rear to keep the track the same as factory? Or run different thickness front and rear.

Also are there any negative affects on handling by widening the track on these cars? If it's going to upset the beautiful handling balance of this car I wont touch it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200524_155608.jpg
    IMG_20200524_155608.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 45
Reactions: Beany
I have 25mm H&R hubcentric wheel spacers and they fit perfect, along with eibach lowering springs it fits nice with no rubbing and clears speed bumps easy, only thing is with the wheel spacers is the front wheels like to chuck stones down the side of the car, so i put some 3m clear film by the rear wheel arch to stop stone chips, people say spacers ruin the handling but you wont notice unless you drive hard on track, as far as strain on wheel bearings, my front wheel bearing went noisy before i had the spacers so i though bugger it

20mm up front and 25mm to the rear and lowered - sits exactly as it should with no rubbing (providing standard size tyres/wheels are on)

Cheers guys, I doubt I will ever track this car because I love it too much and dont wanna thrash it to its limits, I will still be giving it the odd hills thrash though, car is too fun not to. I have a Toyota 86 and it just sits in the garage because it's boring to drive in comparison lol.

The car is not a daily driver and doesnt do many km because of this, but
I do worry about rock chips because the car is really clean, maybe I could put some mud flaps on it like this car has.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1589073463811.jpg
    FB_IMG_1589073463811.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 76
You'll need mudflaps on the front if you want to keep the rear quarter panels free from chips. It only takes one road with debris to make a mess of them.

Reactions: Fd3chris

Similar Thread Suggestions