Wheel refurb costs?

After a really bad week of motoring (back box went, then radiator got attacked by a stone), i jet washed the motor to get some of the filth off and noticed after being recovered home on the back of a truck that my back wheels have been damaged.

No major scuff damage, but it has rubbed the paint off! :worried:

Whats the price of 4 wheels powder coating?
I will get them all done because i dont want the finish / colour to look different on 2 wheels, also imo the inner rim of the standard wheels looks a bit brighter than the faces (anthracite).

Also any recommendations around Huddersfield / Wakefield would be great.

Ash

My mate had his rims done there too for 50 a wheel, buy they quoted me £276 plus VAT, No doubt i could get the price down.
Has anyone used LSN? seem to get good reviews over on the scoob forums.

Last edited:
Ash - LSN are great, they will do them for £30/wheel - what colour are your wheels at the moment?

If you wanted, for convenience, I have four wheels that have just been done by LSN, would happily exchange for your four for £170. Yes I am making £50 out of it for my troubles, but it saves you from having a car without wheels.

You take these wheels away, leave me a deposit, get them swapped, return your straight wheels and I give you the deposit back.

If that is any good to you, give me a shout, I am not that far away, just between Hudds and Wakey.

Thanks, but as the rims were mint condition id rather keep hold of them and get the re-done :smile: plus cant afford at the mo after forking out 350 smackers for the rad :worried:
Might leave them until winter has passed.
Thanks for the input on LSN :smile:

Google Metal Magic. They are based in Dodworth, Barnsley and their work is both top notch and reasonably priced. I had all 4 of mine powder coated by them and the finish is far superior to how they left the factory.

Thanks, but as the rims were mint condition id rather keep hold of them and get the re-done :smile: plus cant afford at the mo after forking out 350 smackers for the rad :worried:
Might leave them until winter has passed.
Thanks for the input on LSN :smile:

£350 for a Rad?! :blush:hmy:

Dont get me started! they had me over a barrel, and shafted me hard! excuse the grim language!
I got recovered back to them thinking it would be a warranty job, they then told me it was a stone that had damaged the rad, i have no proof of this, and didnt see anything when i was looking to see what had happened.
They initially told me it was £420 plus VAT! and told me they had the part and could get on with it.
I got a quote elsewhere who quoted £280 all in, but Reno told them the part was on back order 12 days!
They wouldnt release the rad, i said il buy the rad off you as i know you have one, they said i couldnt have it unless i used them. there was also the fact that my car was at there place!

so i told them i had the other quote and they dropped it to £350 all in.....i cant believe they were going to charge me £500 quid before!

I actually hate them! and they always do a crap job!

Last edited: