Wheel Cleaning / Iron X

Hi guys.

Is there anything strong enough to remove heavily caked on brake dust? My car has suffered from being raced on track, then left for a good few times (by the previous owner).

I have washed and sprayed with wheel cleaner (and brush) aprox 12 times so far and they still look like this. Is Iron X up to the job?

3aqa4uve.jpg

Even the rears are bad

5yhyzybu.jpg

They are for track use so I'm not expecting a show finish but would be nice to see some silver lol

Iron X should do the job. You might want to try Valet Pro Dragons Breath, it's the same idea as Iron X but is thicker so clings to the wheel better. It's great stuff.

Try wonder wheels. Its more of a acid base soultion not to be used all the time as its not good for the wheels. Then used iron x and seal.

Iron X gets the vote from me with a heavy scrub. Be sure to wear face protection as it's bloody strong stuff and you don't want it splashing on your face.

Wonder wheels again and again and again. Nothing, not even iron x, will take that off with one pass. Get a nylon detailing brush from halfords and keep scrubbing.

I'd hit that with Iron-X and bilberry personally, using both neat. Allow to soak and then scrub, scrub, scrub.

No rush matey, its a track car. I am locating a second set for the slicks which is more important then refurbing these :tongue_smilie:

You'd need something stronger than bilberry. IronX is a good shout, as is VP Dragons Breath (tried both). Try Sonax wheel cleaner as an alternative!

You'd need something stronger than bilberry. IronX is a good shout, as is VP Dragons Breath (tried both). Try Sonax wheel cleaner as an alternative!

^ I agree.

Even neat Billberry isn't going to get that off in a hurry (but will help) I'll be impressed if you can get them 100% clean, as they'll likely be pitted as hell underneath all that.

Well to all that suggested Dragons Breath. Thank you

This is one spray with a soft brush then rinse

Front during soak

6ajutuza.jpg

Front after clean

3u6emy8y.jpg

Rears during soak

a7ybeny2.jpg

Rears after clean

dy8yne8u.jpg

Very happy with them so far. Will try a couple more times to see what I can get them to