Wheel Bolt Torque ?

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
Anyone have an idea? Been told 105nm on rs forum, handbook says 140nm? HELP !

I read the 140nm and thought that was ridiculously tight! Usually do mine to 110 ish, they are still solid in the bolt holes.

I did 116nm in the end (86 lb ft). Off to Milton Keynes now ready for tomorrow :smile:

On the board at work does say 140 like you say also thought that was abit tight but thought I would don't want one of them flying off at 140.

think you will find they are like that because of the design of the wheel bolt head taper - does say 140nm in the book/pdf from renault - but my rs supplement says 130nm

but why question the manufacturers figures - do you want your wheels dropping off !!!

My wheels were stuck fast to my car when I first took them off, I had to roll with no bolts in to budge them!!

My wheels were stuck fast to my car when I first took them off, I had to roll with no bolts in to budge them!!

but thats nothing to do with wheelnut torque - thats the centre bore/spigot and general
corrosion between alloy wheels and steel hubs - slight smearing of grease or copperslip
will stop it