Whats yours called?

Following on from Jace's post called "Sam's Dirty Sister" (im sure somebody will link it for me), I thought I would create a thread to see what your cars called.

I have always had a ladies name for my cars, usually loosely based on the number plate or car model. My new 197 is no exception. It took a while for a name to be found but eventually she was Christened 'Cheryl'.

The name was coined as when I got the car a 'Cheryl Cole' song came on the radio (must admit, prefer her looks to songs :confused1:smile:, my friend turned to me and commented on how much damage he would do to her (in a good way) :'( <- best emoticon I could find, but her eyes would definately be watering! Anyway to cut a long story short, Cheryl stuck as a name mainly because she was the only thing that comes close to looking as good as the 197! :001_wub:

Lol Iv never been one for naming cars... good little story though Sam! :thumbup1:

I may not name mine but my parents and uncle call it the 'Yellow Peril' :tongue_smilie:

The GF had named her C2 but I am sure she will be a long in a while to explain that one to you all!

never named my own car but it does carry the mantel of "the shoe box" in work. Did help my gf name her car, orange Renault Twingo .... Tango!

Cherly Cole...Oh yes!

as per the other thread

Mine is called (The One Nine Seven) no name for this one which is a first!

Although neighbours have been refering to it as Hugo! To which I refuse to call it. :@ Its all down the HGO on the number plate

My Girlfriends DCI clio is "Margret" lol

My brother used to have a 1.0l VW polo (bag of bolts to say the least). We could never decide what colour it was supposed to be, so the name game began:

He used to call it "the Blue Bullet"

I called it "the Purple Plodder".

My R27 is named 'Tizey' due to the last three letters of the original plate being 'TZE'

Old car was called 'Suchoo' due to the plate being 'SU06 CHO' :smile:

I call mine the following unusual names .....

The Clio

the 197

or the track sccchlaaag

yes that was sarcasm lol.

Never been into the name thing tbh u would feel a little silly giving a car an name . Takes all sorts I gues .......;-) Lol

Never been into the name thing tbh u would feel a little silly giving a car an name . Takes all sorts I gues .......;-) Lol

haha, I see your point. However I believe that a car isnt just a car, they are all individual and have their own 'personalities'! It wouldn't be very nice being called "human" all the time, so I feel 'Cheryl' deserves better ;/

To be fair though, its very rare that she is refered to as 'Cheryl'. Mainly due to the fact that its only really me and a few close friends who would understand.

I think its just a nice touch to a relationship between an owner and their pride and joy!

haha found this thread rather funny as i have always named my cars and bikes.
Current car and bike
Clio - Cheryl
Kawasaki - Kayleigh
cheryl receives a good ragging daily, kayleigh gets abused on the weekends lol

Previous car n bikes
vauxhall - vikki
honda - hayley
clio (1.2 shed lol) - chloe
suzuki - suzzie

Right has it come to this.... Doni need to name mine so not to be the odd one out ??

How about Brian ?? ;-)

Top thread, didn't think anyone else named their cars! :thumbup:
The 200cup is called the CRUSHER (i.e. spine crusher)
and the punto is called the ITALIAN STALLION! :lol: