What tyres for X85?

Lots of different POV, just want to reiterate I will not be tracking the car, but the speedlines are the wheels I want for road use only (nothing wrong with that in my view)
Does anyone have these wheels on with tyre sizes so I can see what it looks like please?

No one has said it was wrong. The discussion has been around the 7.5j and the 8j version.

Personally I’d stick some 7.5j ones on with the standard fitment 215/45/17
As for tyres, any of the top brands will have a negligible performance delta, though I’d stick with PS4.

I have run 225 45 on the standard rims (7.5) for a while, mainly because I had them from a cancelled order. However I have come to the conclusion that they don't do the car any favors at high speed. By that I mean cornering. The alignment is quite aggressive and what I have found is that the car feels imprecise and almost wobbles on the tyres, which I conclude is movement in the sidewall. A narrower tyre, so the standard 215 45 would have a little more stretch and therefore less movement in the sidewall. 235 in my opinion would be too wide for a car you want good responses from and would be over tyred.
The Conti Sport 6 is a good alternative to the PS4, but as yet not many 17" sizes. The Hankook S1 Evo3 does come in 215 17 though.

There’s no comparison between PS4 and RS3/5

The only things the RS’s are better at, is being cheaper and driving in the snow.

Reactions: Beany
I run Eagle F1 I have done for last 2 sets on the Clio 197 and previous cars, they're brilliant, many reviews put them just behind PS4 but quite a bit cheaper, they have done me so well in all conditions, why I keep buying them, PS4 are great, but difference isn't enough to warrant the price difference for me.

(I run 225/45/17 on 7.5" Speedlines)

Reactions: Sean197
On my 8J's I've had 235/40 and currently running 235/45 but they're a bit big tbh. As it's a race car though, I just trimmed the arches until they stopped rubbing.