What exhaust for clio 197?

If you are bothered about it only being single exit, then knock up a 'fake' exit to put on the other side.

Or if you have an akra, chop the middle box out of it...it sounds bloody insane....

This lmao, no from 1st hand experience. [MENTION=43599]rosscoe[/MENTION] was good enough to give me a run out in his car round knockhill and sounds nuts! In a good way. Goes absolute awesome credit to him. A nicer chap you couldn't meet.

Couldn't you just blank off the 197 diffuser and have it painted? Pretty easy and would look stock.

I really like this exhaust, it's kind of the nuts option. And I think the single exit look fits more with the car to be honest.

I could but it would probably cost more than a second hand 200 diffuser as it's not something I could do. Plus i'm really anal about the car looking right and I just wouldn't be happy with it.

If you are bothered about it only being single exit, then knock up a 'fake' exit to put on the other side.

I had thought about this too. It's definitely a possibilty but depends on finding someone around here that won't charge too much.

[MENTION=53102]DS197[/MENTION] 200 diffuser even second hand is what? About £200? You could definitely blank off and paint a 197 diffuser for that price and get a stock looking single exit look. I'd definitely go for that if it was me, just because I much prefer the 197 diffuser over the 200. Plus I couldn't be doing with knowing one of the "tips" is fake. As for blanking, you wouldn't really need to go to town as it's pretty much out of view anyway.

Good luck mate, I'm sure it will all come together nicely in the end.

[MENTION=53102]DS197[/MENTION] 200 diffuser even second hand is what? About £200? You could definitely blank off and paint a 197 diffuser for that price and get a stock looking single exit look. I'd definitely go for that if it was me, just because I much prefer the 197 diffuser over the 200. Plus I couldn't be doing with knowing one of the "tips" is fake. As for blanking, you wouldn't really need to go to town as it's pretty much out of view anyway.

I agree, it was annoying enough having 2 exits knowing one was not necessary, a fake would drive me insane. It would be a unused hole or blanked off on my car. I like the idea of my car being simple and purposeful, more about getting the job done than being a show stopper.
I go with the "its a go car, not a show car principle"

@DS197 200 diffuser even second hand is what? About £200? You could definitely blank off and paint a 197 diffuser for that price and get a stock looking single exit look. I'd definitely go for that if it was me, just because I much prefer the 197 diffuser over the 200. Plus I couldn't be doing with knowing one of the "tips" is fake. As for blanking, you wouldn't really need to go to town as it's pretty much out of view anyway.

You do make a good point! It looks like i'll be getting some quotes then to get one side blanked off. Cheers mate, I hope to have a project thread up soon. Any pics of the Clio you picked up recently? :wink:

If I had a 197 I would have got a single exit, slash cut tip like OE and painted with ceramic black you'll never notice. My 200 diffuser however is bad enough with it's fakery that having one hole literally for nothing was too much for me to handle!! At least the carbon tips from the Akra look nice and more subtle and I can't fault the noise it makes with a pre-cat delete too.

You do make a good point! It looks like i'll be getting some quotes then to get one side blanked off. Cheers mate, I hope to have a project thread up soon. Any pics of the Clio you picked up recently? :wink:

Loads mate! But my wife made me promise to not put any up until she's happy with it. It desperately needs a detail as I think the previous owner washed it using sandpaper! Shame as it's mint otherwise. Pics will come eventually.

It's an RB R27 by the way. Took some finding!