What exhaust for clio 197?

Akrapovic. Close thread.

Seriously though, depends what you're after. If it's just looks, get some tips made up to your design. If it's just noise, chop the centre silencer out. If it's performance, Akrapovic by miles, but they're not cheap. Everything else is a lot of money for noise and shiny tips and some cool points really.

In addition to that link Matt posted, use the advanced search feature and change it to search thread titles only as it's much more useful. Everything you want to know is written on here already in superb detail.

Go for the Oreca. Half the price of the Akrapovic and puts function before form. It's what i'll be going for.

Go for the Oreca. Half the price of the Akrapovic and puts function before form. It's what i'll be going for.

Oreca is what I fitted for that reason, though if you go for that one be sure to get good exhaust clamps that clamp around the pipe as the ones that come with it are crap. Mikalor I think the good ones are called.

Last edited:
Oreca is what I fitted for that reason, though if you go for that one be sure to get good exhaust clamps that clamp around the pipe as the ones that come with it are crap. Mikalor I think the good ones are called.
Thanks for the heads up mate. I'll be needing a 200 diffuser beforehand though. Can't imagine driving around with the exhaust poking out of one side

Wow that is no where near as bad as I thought it would be! Looks like it'll be in sooner then

The car following you on the road might notice if they're interested but other than that the redundant hole in the diffuser isn't particularly noticeable

Thanks for the heads up mate. I'll be needing a 200 diffuser beforehand though. Can't imagine driving around with the exhaust poking out of one side

Couldn't you just blank off the 197 diffuser and have it painted? Pretty easy and would look stock.

I really like this exhaust, it's kind of the nuts option. And I think the single exit look fits more with the car to be honest.

@the-ant (tag fail? apologies) That looks brilliant mate. So into the single exit look. What difference did you feel from it?

It made it a lot noisier but I also fitted a sport cat as the oreca system uses a decat pipe with a very small front silencer, the big improvement was after the remap, but that would be the case with any, akraprovic even will not give you much if anything until it's been remapped.

I've got a track day at cadwell on Monday, I'll let you know what their decibel meter reads, remind me though as I will probably forget.
But as I've said mine is louder than it would normally be as the front silencer is missing so I could fit a sport cat, and I have a toyosport manifold though I can't see that making all that much difference.