What does this do???

Something to do with the alarm

I was thinking alarm, but they already have tilt/movement sensors in the cockpit?

It does look like some form of information gathering device mainly due to its location in the car and the fact it only has an input (which I presume comes from the front of the car/ECU). Could it be an airbag sensor or something similar?

Something to do with the alarm? Maybe a tilt sensor?

or

Self levelling headlights sensor?

Certainly nothing to do with self levelling headlights as i dont have them.

Im thinking its possibly the tilt sensor, might just bolt it to the floor instead rather than that bar.

its nothing to do with the headlights the sensors are connected to the suspension

dont think its for the alarm either

what it could be is the yaw sensor for the esp electronics

what is there on the box writing wise ????

Following the wire along it is attached to the alarm box so sure its somerthing to do with sensor on the key, pretty happy that if I relocate this to the floor and just tacked it down it wont cause too many problems.

Might have to disconnect the battery first off.

Also can anyone tell me whether my car will pass its MOT if the seatbealts are still in or do they need to be removed fully?

Seatbelt anchors and belts both need removing. Rules are simple, if seats are there they need belts, if belts are there they need seats

I'm pretty sure thats a sensor for the hands free locking.

i thought the sensors for the handsfree locking where in the door then controlled by the ecu? ive never seen one of these and ive worked for renault for 5 years, my bet is it something to do the the alarm,

i thought the sensors for the handsfree locking where in the door then controlled by the ecu? ive never seen one of these and ive worked for renault for 5 years, my bet is it something to do the the alarm,

its the aerial for the handsfree card so it knows your in range with it