What do I have to do....

....to sell my car??

Had loads of enquiries, a couple seemed very promising but then they fail to turn up (after the car gets a top up shine!!)....I hate that!!

Got it on Pistonheads and local trade it for £10,495....I think this is a good price and seems to be very competative with other cars on PH....

....left it on the drive with signs and details in the window....absoloutely loads of people stopping and looking, making notes.....but nothing more....

...even had some dodgy enquiries which are clearly phishing for details to cloan my car!! One 'enquirer' even told me by email that he would pay 11k (more than asking) by paypal just as soon as I'd sent him reg and vin etc....I can see through this but some people must fall for it!

....so feeling a bit frustrated....anyone got any ideas? Might take it to Castle Coombe next weekend and leave it in the car park for a few hours with a sign in??

You probably don't want to hear this, but patience... That's the best you can do. Otherwise try to get somekind of warranty agreement with a local dealer or something, that helps selling.

as a new member on here and on the look out for a car like yours, the one thing that stops me viewing it is the fact it does not have aircon

J

as a new member on here and on the look out for a car like yours, the one thing that stops me viewing it is the fact it does not have aircon

J

I'm sorry but you do not need air-con :lol: especially for the 10 (at most) scattered scorching days we get in this country.

The window down a touch will do just nicely :wink:

As for it not selling it is a common Cup colour so your going to have to be patient, nothing else for it.

Try some of the wanted dealer adds for RenaultSport cars on pistonheads and get in touch with them you may be surprised.

^^^ I am thinking of taking this approach as a last resort....got till July to sell so no rush......

...as for aircon....took the view that it wasn't essential and was rubbish on my previous Trophy....if its not climate control its a waste of time so didn't spec it...I'm sure someone else out there will take the same view....

J

...as it says in the add....I'm open to offers....I haven't felt the need for aircon in the two years I owned it....just something else to maintain and re-gas in my experience!!

I would go the Autotrader route. I sold my previous cars in 1/2 a day and 1 hour respectively. The coverage is wide and for the right car people will travel. I went over200 miles for my 197.

Aircon, personally I couldn't do without it; it's a major selling point on modern cars. Good luck.
p.s. I would remove the visor, just a suggestion.

^^^..it's off Autotrader that I got the bad attention from scammers....at least with PH, people are looking on there because they have a specific car in mind...as for the visor, I'll leave it on and let the buyer choose to take it off...but I know what you mean!!

I had the same thing fella when selling my GW197. It was a FF with Aircon and other extras but after a month and dropping the price, I sold it through renaultsport.co.uk
Other option is Autotrader and then patience

...as it says in the add....I'm open to offers....I haven't felt the need for aircon in the two years I owned it....just something else to maintain and re-gas in my experience!!

If it doesn't have air con then just don't put it down on the specs, actually saying on the advert that it doesn't have air con is just preventing people asking questions. At least if they need to email you asking if it has air con then they may show a bit more interest.

Yep I agree with above, remove the bit about having no aircon.

Also I would not state you have changed the air filter or light bulbs from standard, some people can be very funny with the slightest modification and the sun visor puts me off straight away.

Just my input.

I think I will remove the visor as suggested, along with the other stickers! Will probably swap filter out and keep for my 200. Advert is up for renewal this weekend so new pics and words from Saturday. Cheers for advice you guys!

TBH with the aircon thing, we all know that in this country we don't "need" it. I bet though people "want" it. I find it a bit odd that a newish modern car doesn't have aircon. Its like having toast with no butter.

Im just being honest mate, and if I was in the market for a 197, id want one with aircon.

Having said that, it can't be the sole thing that is stopping SOMEONE from buying it. Stick with it, it will shift don't worry!