What do I do?

Majorly pissed.

I busted my balls affording my 197, paying off nearly 2k's worth of outstanding finance on my previous car to afford it.

I outright own my 197 with no finance owned on it whatsoever, but have only just noticed an ad from my local Renault dealer.

200 CUP, £1 Deposit = £259.00 per month for 44 months

For this money I could have easily forgot the 197 and bought a brand new 200. I suppose the pro's of my 197 are the fact I own it myself and can modify/alter what I want.

I've driven a 200 cup before and in all honesty not noticed much performance if any difference from the 197. Anyone know of anything major?

So annoyed I didn't see this offer sooner! :@

Doing the sums that works out at 11,396 (11,397 if you add the quid deposit!), shirley theres some large balloon payment at the end of that term tho?

you need to do the sums as said to see if it is a good deal !

and compare to what you pay or have now...only you can then decide if its worth it

it could be on a lease with peppercorn payment at the end, often advertised as you dont need to include any small print or APR rates. But you will never own the car, even if you kept it for 20 years.

you need to do the sums as said to see if it is a good deal !

and compare to what you pay or have now...only you can then decide if its worth it

It's not worth it really I don't think. Regardless of how good/attractive the offer is, I've got a bank loan which I took out for my 197 to pay!

;/

I wouldn't bother.

If your 197 is a FF then a 200 cup will feel really cheap and tacky. See if they can do the same deal on a FF with cup pack then it might be worth it.

Also if the APR is good a PCP will often be the best option for buying a new car.

I wouldn't bother.

If your 197 is a FF then a 200 cup will feel really cheap and tacky. See if they can do the same deal on a FF with cup pack then it might be worth it.

Also if the APR is good a PCP will often be the best option for buying a new car.

Thanks for the advice mate :thumbup:

Sound a little to good on the deal so yeah read the small print

My 200 I've ordered is £6,500 straight down and then £348 a month for 36 months

Well in that case then there is surely a catch somewhere. I remember walking into my dealer and seeing figures of 400pm coming up so it can't be right.

I recommend Hardings Renault in Hemel Hempstead by the way if anyone is looking for a used 197/200.

:thumbup:

Yours is obviously an HP agreement which means at the end of the term you will own the car outright having paid a total of £19,028.

By comparison the deal for the OP is 11396 over 44months. Obviously this is a PCP so there will be GFV of about £6000 so if the you could say the total payable is around £17,400.

Thing is, regardless of whether its PCP or HP or even a cash sale what costs you is interest and depreciation. The thing is with PCP over APR there is a cap to the depreciation.

I had a quote for a ff200 cup with recaros and metallic paint on pcp and it was as follows.
£350 deposit followed by 43 payments of £330 with a final payment of £5750 if i want to keep the car at the end. If i didn't i could just give the car back. Thats a total of £20290
I would think the car at 3.5 years old withthat spec and 25k on the clock would be worth a bit more than £5750, maybe £6750? So you could pay of the gfv and sell it and make a grand.Or maybe loose a grand. Who knows what it will be worth tbh but i reckon about 7ish. I decided against it as i would be stuck with the same car for 3.5 years and you would get stung big time if you gave it back early

um, the 197 is way better looking than the 200 inside & out, and that alone justifys going for a used 197 over a new 200

if the 200 had a new gearbox or something then fair enough but its just a face lift with slightly different tuning to the engine & chassis

i bought a 197 with 4k on the clock so practically brand new (part ex/£4000 for my old clio) and the price i paid was £230 over 36 months, still expensive but i prefer the 197 over the 200 so she's worth it :wink:

brand new is nice but you easily pay a good couple of grand for it

Last edited:
239 p/m is a good deal, bet there ain't many cars of that caliber that you can get for that price per month?

i cant understand why anyone would buy a brand new car for nearly £20,000 when in 3 years when its paid for its only going to be worth £10,000 its barmy!

Maybe im getting old at 23 lol

I know what u mean fella, doubt after 3 years it would be worth 10k more like 8500-9000, as the new clio will be out by then!